Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my vehicle has just a touch over 22,000 miles on it. i was merging onto the beltway yesterday and i went to hit the gas, nothing happened. i looked at the gauges quickly to see if the car had turned off or something, but no, it was still at 3,000 RPMs. it was strange, the gauges stayed at 3,000 RPM no matter the throttle position, at least for a few seconds. i put on my flashers and drove it on the shoulder, then stopped. i turned it off, let it sit for a minute, then turned it on and drove away, with the check engine light on.

its really scary trying to merge onto a highway when you're only doing 45mph because your car quit, especially on a newish vehicle. i guess its time to have the dealer check it out.

anyone else have their car just die like that when trying to merge onto a highway? i almost got killed.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow that's crazy. Mines got 32000 on it now and no problems at all. Let us know what caused it. Good luck.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had something slightly similar happen this weekend, when I was merging onto a road from a yield. As I hit the gas, I felt the car stutter, as if it had died, and when I looked at the dash, I saw the ESP light on. It had rained lightly earlier in the day, but the roads were clear by then. I'm not sure what happened, but it did feel like the car died for a few seconds, then recovered.

Luckily for me, nobody was approaching me on the road, or I might have been in a similar situation.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had something slightly similar happen this weekend, when I was merging onto a road from a yield. As I hit the gas, I felt the car stutter, as if it had died, and when I looked at the dash, I saw the ESP light on. It had rained lightly earlier in the day, but the roads were clear by then. I'm not sure what happened, but it did feel like the car died for a few seconds, then recovered.

Luckily for me, nobody was approaching me on the road, or I might have been in a similar situation.
That looks like the ESP came on. That has happened to me trying to take off fast, especially when wet. Engine cuts out big time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
koons chrysler in tyson's corner. i believe its a vienna address, but it might be a mclean address. its right on the boarder there. intersection of route 123 and route 7, maybe 2 miles from the beltway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that happened to me this morning, but luckily i was only turning off of my street onto another residential street, turned the car off and back on and everything worked. Did you have yours looked at?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even if your vehicle is out of warranty, the repair isn't that expensive (when compared to other transmission work). i didn't have to pay a dime, but i saw on the repair sheet that the price for the torque converter was a little over $300 then it was a little over $200 in labor. that doesn't seem expensive at all considering they had to pull the transmission out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Your very lucky then. My convertor let go and I end up with a new trans! Under warranty thank god!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
my vehicle has just a touch over 22,000 miles on it. i was merging onto the beltway yesterday and i went to hit the gas, nothing happened. i looked at the gauges quickly to see if the car had turned off or something, but no, it was still at 3,000 RPMs. it was strange, the gauges stayed at 3,000 RPM no matter the throttle position, at least for a few seconds. i put on my flashers and drove it on the shoulder, then stopped. i turned it off, let it sit for a minute, then turned it on and drove away, with the check engine light on.

its really scary trying to merge onto a highway when you're only doing 45mph because your car quit, especially on a newish vehicle. i guess its time to have the dealer check it out.

anyone else have their car just die like that when trying to merge onto a highway? i almost got killed.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Had the identical happen to me this morning 22400 Klm ,going through a roundabout no gears, hit the stick and got third . Even after turning off engine light stays on . Booked in for a service this tuesday ,will post chryslers comments

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 06 300c had major trans issues. I brought it in multiple times and they replaced the torque converter more then once and the valve body. Plus they replaced the leaky O ring too twice!!! My car had about 55k miles on it when I traded it in. The first trans issue was at 5k. The last time it went out was at 40k miles. I had a heck of a time getting my extended warantee to cover it because the dealer was 49miles away from the dealer I purchased the extended from so they did not want to pay because it was not over 50 miles!!! Anyway, i called chrysler direct and within 1/2 hour they were paying for the whole bill because of the history I have had with the car. Kudos to them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts