Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi, when I try to put it into drive it won’t go into gear. When I go from park to reverse it goes into reverse. When I pull it into neutral from reverse it stays in reverse and goes into neutral when I pull the gear selecter into drive. Stays in neutral when I go back into the neutral spot, goes into reverse when I go into reverse position and goes into park when i put it into park. Does anyone know what would cause this and why it’s doing it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i haven’t, it started on my way to work so I did not get a chance, no check engine light came on and there were no signs of anything wrong when it would go into drive, shifts smooth, no slipping, no noise from the transmission

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ditto on the codes. You'll probably need a "higher" end scanner (or I understand the Torque App. can do it) to be able to read the transmission codes, as not all scanners will read the transmission. How many miles are on the vehicle and when is the last time the transmission was serviced and have you checked the transmission fluid condition, and level....using the procedure in the FSM?

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Could be the shifter itself as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts