Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my other post you all recommended the diablo still with the little amount of mods I plan on. (Just wanna have some fun not looking to go crazy.) I just installed an intake and I had already taken the resonator off. I wanna know what can u feel more or what is more beneficial the tranzformer shift kit or the diablo tuner. The only mod lefts I wanna go with for now are those too so I need help with people that have them. What's the better bang for your buck. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Go with the Diablosport programmer first pal...the TZ isn't really going to benefit you as much as that as an entry level mod... For sure grab a programmer first.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Yes as the Predator doesn't do much at all with respects to shift firmness. You can set shift points with the Predator (or InTune or Trinity for that matter) which is a nice feature for optimizing WOT performance but the Tranzformer helps firm them with the added benefit of variable settings for daily driving and track days.

You'l want to do them both if you want a bit more performance kick out from the transmission shift algorithms.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Yes as the Predator doesn't do much at all with respects to shift firmness. You can set shift points with the Predator (or InTune or Trinity for that matter) which is a nice feature for optimizing WOT performance but the Tranzformer helps firm them with the added benefit of variable settings for daily driving and track days.

You'l want to do them both if you want a bit more performance kick out from the transmission shift algorithms.
^ x2

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Cool thanks guys now if I can only find a used one ha
They are out there. Just make sure the seller confirms it has been unmarried from from the other car they were loaded on. Also, you want the data cable and the power dongle with cable.

Lastly, there may be some new units on closeout as DiabloSport has stopped producing that item.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Why not an In-tune or Trinity?...just asking I have an In-tune I like it seems to work decent...Also I have beenhearing some bad things about the Tranzformer...just go blue tops....they work great...

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Why not an In-tune or Trinity?...just asking I have an In-tune I like it seems to work decent...Also I have beenhearing some bad things about the Tranzformer...just go blue tops....they work great...
Bad things about the tz? That's a first! Like what? Please do tell...

Blue tops are harsh on downshifts for the average Joe and not easy to remove and install if you don't like them... Plus the tz is not just a firmer shift... It's a new shift schedule... Different beast altogether.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bad things about the tz? That's a first! Like what? Please do tell...

Blue tops are harsh on downshifts for the average Joe and not easy to remove and install if you don't like them... Plus the tz is not just a firmer shift... It's a new shift schedule... Different beast altogether.

Just seen a guy running it with nitrous blow his motor due to limp mode caused by the TZ ....that and a few others...I have the blue tops my car doesn't down shift to harsh at all but I have heard if I reset the computer it will shift hard again until it learns it...but man its nice going down the track chirping all 3 gears....lol....

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Lol... Yep! I've never had a limp mode caused by the TZ... Had a few before though with just the predator. I will have to do some reading on that as I run one with the mtcm... Didn't like the way the blue tops felt on a car that was a weekend warrior, too harsh for me. I guess your adaptives have smoothed it out! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah that's what people have said my adaptives learned it and its not as harsh...The 1st time at the track I hit 2nd and the car went sideways I thought I hit something slippery on the track ...2nd run it did it again and I even get 3rd gear chrips...maybe that's why it runs a little better then other I see...

Yeah did you see that over at the LX forums but a lot of guys seem to be getting rid of the TZ....that scares me...lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I keep reading mixed reviews about the TZ but ill try the predator first . And to answer the question about the trinity andsuch I wwon't mind one just figured for the same thing and half the money get a older used one. I have checked Diablo s site they are out of stock on the old one so it looks like it may just be the new one it looks pretty cool though I may go for it any way

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
^^^ Can't go wrong with DB, its a must have tool and has a useful diagnostic feature :yup:

If its valve body friendly, approach tranzformer with caution. Should the transmission develop a fault, valve body assemble and any repair work will be costly. I do like one aspect I hear of is the non gps 0-30s and 0-60s feature, not found on some models or within the easter egg.

Sorry I don't know enough about blue top, so can't comment on that.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I keep reading mixed reviews about the TZ but ill try the predator first . And to answer the question about the trinity andsuch I wwon't mind one just figured for the same thing and half the money get a older used one. I have checked Diablo s site they are out of stock on the old one so it looks like it may just be the new one it looks pretty cool though I may go for it any way
Check eBay for unmarried used ones.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts