Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trim the opening around the hood latch to gain enough room to reach in and attach the holding hardware. I used a utility knife with a new blade to shave off a little at a time.

Beat the heck out of pulling off the front bumper as the instructions indicated.

enlarged opening2.jpg
new grille2.jpg

This grille came from us-autopartsdepot 4mm stainless woven T-304 stainless mesh that is chrome plated and powder coated black and the front is wiped off before baking. It's awesome looking and it took 30 minutes to install. You can find it on ebay for $100.

·
Registered
168 Posts
was it difficult removing the bolts holding down the grill without seeing your hand?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I prefer to keep the clean look, pulling the bumper off of these is easy anyway. Probably about the same amount time to trim as it is to remove it after you've removed one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Reply for ivanz - No bolts on original grill, the horizontal vanes clip on, just yank em off with pliers.
The other part of this trick (that I forgot to mention) was keeping the holding plate and washers together with masking tape while starting the locking nut.

Comment for ekaz, You're probably correct however, in my case, since I will not be doing this more than once, I'm sure I would not be saving any time pulling the bumper.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I prefer to keep the clean look, pulling the bumper off of these is easy anyway. Probably about the same amount time to trim as it is to remove it after you've removed one.
Do you have a link for this covering the Gen II?

I've done a Grill Change on my daughters 300c but it looks to have a small gap at the top so I wanna make sure I've done it right :serious:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts