Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the Lost America (google it, its awesome) photos, i wanted to see if using some lucky lighting and my mediocre digital camera, i could take similarly styled photos (i couldnt, not by a long shot). but i started way too late, the sun set before i could get where i wanted to go, and there was a massive downpour for about an hour, but i still tried to get some nice photos using basically the wrong filters and settings on my digital camera.

·
Registered
639 Posts
NUMBER 3 IS awesome! by far the best pic...in my opinion

·
Registered
97 Posts
to fix the blurring and still get a properly exposed shot, you need to sit the camera solidly on something (the ground or a tripod) and either use a remote shutter release button or if not available, set the self portrait count down timer so you don't push the button and move the camera or shake the camera while the long shutter open time occurs... some of the framing and "poses" are really good, you have a very artistic eye. with a bit of trial and error, you would do very well in the photography world!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i coulda sworn i posted an earlier response...oh well.

thanks for the compliments guys, 3 and the last one are my favorites too. i love the last one.

xr, thanks for the info. i quickly realized that i couldnt hold it steady enough for long exposure shots, so in the garage i used a traffic cone thing, and at the dock i used pallets that were on the ground. the timer is a great tip as well. hopefully ill get a camera soon that i can set exposure times on, and really play around.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Those photos look like they came out of the next horror flick. The setting looks pretty spooky. I have a phobia of dark, empty parking garages late at night.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As stated, go with a tripod. Take the camera off "auto ISO". This typically boosts camera ISO up too high, which leads to noise (grainy look) in most shots.

Took a shot at fixing the one shot, got rid of some noise, cropped....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts