Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive installed a single orion 10 in a vented box along with my orion 600d, it really pounded in my g35 but only sounds great in the 300 with the back seat down. usually i just put the passenger side single seat down, but has anyone cut out the center area above the back armrest? also i havent seen many pics of anyones installs, so if anyone wants 2 post some pics, have at it, ill post mine within the next few hours :)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
nothinbutnick56 said:
ive installed a single orion 10 in a vented box along with my orion 600d, it really pounded in my g35 but only sounds great in the 300 with the back seat down. usually i just put the passenger side single seat down, but has anyone cut out the center area above the back armrest? also i havent seen many pics of anyones installs, so if anyone wants 2 post some pics, have at it, ill post mine within the next few hours :)
Cut a hole in the rear deck lid and make/find a nice grill to cover it up (unless you have the SG II you can remove the stock 8" and cut the hole there).

·
Registered
330 Posts
nothinbutnick56 said:
This car is really sealed well from the trunk. Take Aspendogs advise and vent the rear deck. The pressure has to go somewhere and it may as well be in your cockpit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a question relating to this...If you vent your parcel tray, do you get great deal of hiss, tire noise, etc. coming from the trunk? As a matter of practicality, what do you do when the sound is down? Or is the sound never down? I am going to do some audio this summer and the amount of increased noise into the cabin from the trunk may be a deal breaker for me as far as a larger Sub is concerned.

·
Registered
330 Posts
LWOOD said:
I have a question relating to this...If you vent your parcel tray, do you get great deal of hiss, tire noise, etc. coming from the trunk? As a matter of practicality, what do you do when the sound is down? Or is the sound never down? I am going to do some audio this summer and the amount of increased noise into the cabin from the trunk may be a deal breaker for me as far as a larger Sub is concerned.
It's obvious that a car with alot of noise rejection is intended to stay that way. However, when you want bass to enter the car, you must sacrifice some of that quiet. If you are deadening the trunk anyway, it may not be noticeable.
When I was younger I always had my music maxed when I drove. Because of that, I didn't notice road noise as my music covered it up. Now, I spend much of my driving time on the phone. This makes quiet a must. So I am deadening my whole car( yes, removing all carpet and seats) to help with this. Also, with our extensive audio install, it should help when I decide to jam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I agree. I have a JL w7 and the trunk is sealed so tight that if the back seat ISN'T down, the trunk lid pops open on the real low notes, I gotta do something about it also because it sounds much better with the seat down, but I'm not 17 years old anymore. I an't be driving with it down like that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
mache275 said:
Yeah I agree. I have a JL w7 and the trunk is sealed so tight that if the back seat ISN'T down, the trunk lid pops open on the real low notes, I gotta do something about it also because it sounds much better with the seat down, but I'm not 17 years old anymore. I an't be driving with it down like that.
You will need to vent the rear deck. But, be aware that this is a major support point for the C. And cutting too much can weaken the overall tightness and sway in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts