Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pat: Thinking of color matching my rear emblem.I searched the forum and found some threads on this topic.The question i have is,when you remove the emblem does the emblem go back on the same way.Does the emblem screw back on or do you need to use 3m tape.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked up another thread and seen these wings are on the same way the mouldings are.I thought the wing was screwed on.If i am wrong can someone correct me.Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
emblems

I got my skull and cross bones from heidi. They are great! I used a dremmel to drill into the Chrysler emblem and just made the hole big enough to let me pry the pieces out without damaging the wing. When you drill in you will get a spongy feeling. That is the silicone glue that holds the original emblem in. Don't worry, just go for it carefully and it will pry out in pieces. After ward just clean up the surfaces and the 3M take for the replacement emblem will work just fine.

Seoul_roller

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I just looked up another thread and seen these wings are on the same way the mouldings are.I thought the wing was screwed on.If i am wrong can someone correct me.Thanks
the wing is attached with 3M tape. there are two pegs that go into the trunk. there are no fasteners on the pegs, so if you can get the wing off w/o bending it, you can paint and replace.

if it were me, i would order a wing from mopar supercenter, a supporting vendor. they run about $30. this way you have fresh 3M tape and a smooth surface to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts