Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at adding a trunk lip spoiler that is pre-painted on Ebay. Anyone done this? If so, where did you get the spoiler? How much? How did you mount it? With nuts and bolts or just use 3M Tape?

Thanks for your time....

·
Registered
616 Posts
I don't have one but have been looking at carbon fiber options. I can however tell you it'll be 3m tape.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has anyone ordered and installed the P/N 1MA41TZZ-AB spoiler on their 300? If so, do you know who was the manufacturer? The dealers want anywhere from $310 to $470 plus painting. If I can find the mfg, I know I can get it much cheaper.:feedback:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just purchased one of these.

I'm on a budget and the seller has nothing but good feedback so I hope the quality is as good as they say it is. I'll let everyone know once I get it installed, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put a raised spoiler on my 300C and I I like the look. You can check it out on the link below my sig. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry. I just posted a new photo to the gallery, so once approved it'll be there for viewing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have you received the spoiler? If you did how is the quality?
Yes I did but I just sent an email to the seller regarding the condition that I received it in and I'm going to give them a chance to rectify the situation before I give a full review and post pictures of the finish and quality. Sorry for the run-on.

Until then, I'm reserving my judgement.:Thinkingo:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes I did but I just sent an email to the seller regarding the condition that I received it in and I'm going to give them a chance to rectify the situation before I give a full review and post pictures of the finish and quality. Sorry for the run-on.

Until then, I'm reserving my judgement.:Thinkingo:
Did you get this all squared up? I pulled the trigger on this one after waiting to see what you posted. I get mine in three days and hope I don't have any issues

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did you get this all squared up? I pulled the trigger on this one after waiting to see what you posted. I get mine in three days and hope I don't have any issues
My replacement is in the mail just like yours is. I just won't get it until the 28th later this month.

I already bought the 3M tape that I'm going to use to mount it too so as soon as it comes in I will be installing it the same day.

Post some pictures when you get yours installed and let us know how the finish of the spoiler turned out. This could very well be an affordable alternative to an OEM piece if all turns out well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
First Impressions...

I received my replacement replica 3SRT spoiler today and I have to say that this one is MUCH better! The finish is better than factory paint, no orange peal, and the overall quality looks nice!

The true test will be tonight when I actually mount it on the trunk lid.

I will be taking pictures of the spoiler before and after installation tonight so stayed tuned for more tomorrow!:wiggle:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just got done installing the spoiler. Damn is that 3M acrylic tape strong!

I'm also uploading 2 videos on youtube to demonstrate that with the spoiler I installed you do not need SRT8 struts in order for the trunk lid to open on under its on power and another to demonstrate how strong the 3M acrylic tape actually is. Pics and vids will be up shortly...

BTW, this product is definitely worth the $109.00 I paid for it!

·
Registered
358 Posts
That looks really good i may definately have to consider this!
when you get some free time do you plan on getting some profile shots of the wing installed?

1 - 20 of 147 Posts