Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon everyone! I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce you all to the CDC Chrysler 300 Deck Lid Trim Panel, which is not your average 'Ebay-style' stick-on piece of stainless!

Ever notice the odd design that Chrysler left at the bottom of the trunk lid? They left a small triangular-shaped void at the bottom that just doesn't quite flow with the rest of the rear end of the car.

Enter the CDC 300 Decklid Trim Panel... continuing where the factory left off! The addition of the CDC Trim Panel results in a smooth trunk appearance that extends all the way down to the bumper cover, providing a much cleaner look. The 3-dimensional Trim Panel is constructed of light-weight blow-molded ABS, similar to many hollow OEM pedastal-type spoilers you see on cars such as Mustangs, etc. Its light weight means that it will not overly-stress your factory trunk lid gas springs. Installation requires no drilling; just paint it and attach it using OEM-grade 3M acrylic bonding tape. Mounting bosses are already molded into the piece in case you feel the need to use additional mechanical fasteners.

The CDC Trim Panel kit includes a stainless steel insert that can be had with either the "GLASSBACK" logo acid-etched into the panel (to compliment your CDC Glassback roof), or plain to customize yourself. We've customized these in the past using vinyl stencils and sandblasting/etching logos onto the stainless. The result is amazing, and you are only limited by your imagination! Or, leave it as plain stainless for a nice classy look.

Current retail pricing is $177 plus shipping, but look for a special price within the next week.

As with everything we make, it's made right here in the USA. Any questions? Please let me know! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
I like the "void" as you call it on the 300 trunk.. but that's me.

your part is way cool though..

now back light that with a red EL and link to the brakes and I might consider one..

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I like the "void" as you call it on the 300 trunk.. but that's me.

your part is way cool though..

now back light that with a red EL and link to the brakes and I might consider one..
yup

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That actually would not be very hard to do for some of you that don't mind a little modification. For the first prototype we made of this panel, the "Glassback" logo was laser-cut out of the stainless, and was backed with a red reflective material. Since the Trim Panel is hollow, it would be fairly easy (in my opinion) to stuff a long LED in there. Almost every major town has a laser-cutting facility (and it's inexpensive to have done), and all you'd have to do is come up with a logo... :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the looks of that. If I had an SRT, I'd want it to say that. Since I don't, I'm not sure what I would want written on it. Maybe it would look good having CHRYSLER spelled out on it. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
How much to have you guys ship it already primed and painted (BB), have the word C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R etched on the stainless steel insert and have the 3m tape already applied ready to stick on?

·
Registered
979 Posts
interesting, I just saw this and knew I saw this 300 before. Back in summer I was leaving in bakers car show in milford and one was in front of me.. I never saw another one like it but it was sweet. I knew you guys must of been local. I like this product it looks real cool!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much to have you guys ship it already primed and painted (BB), have the word C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R etched on the stainless steel insert and have the 3m tape already applied ready to stick on?
Midnyte-

Thanks for the inquiry! Unfortunately, we do not have in-house painting capabilities, so it would not be any cheaper to have us paint it for you. However, I do have one or two of our dealers in mind that can paint in-house. Let me check with them and I will PM you contact information.

Regarding a logo - if you guys have one or two in mind, like the "C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R" mentioned above, or "SRT8", please let me know. We would definitely consider a small run of stainless panels pre-etched. Thanks again!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interesting, I just saw this and knew I saw this 300 before. Back in summer I was leaving in bakers car show in milford and one was in front of me.. I never saw another one like it but it was sweet. I knew you guys must of been local. I like this product it looks real cool!
Hi Todd!

Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I'm sure you have seen the car around those parts... George (CDC Pres) drives the car daily and lives in that area.

Anytime you are in the Novi area, please feel free to stop in and check out the showroom and cars!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi Todd!

Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I'm sure you have seen the car around those parts... George (CDC Pres) drives the car daily and lives in that area.

Anytime you are in the Novi area, please feel free to stop in and check out the showroom and cars!
most definitely! thanks for the invite. Haha off topic if you guys have an internal marketing/advertising dept or event marketing dept. (for your car shows and events) and our looking for an employee I would love to come on board with you guys. I checked your site but it seems there is more of an application and no job listings. Let me know.
Todd

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Todd!

Unfortunately there are not any openings right now, but I would definitely recommend sending a resume and/or application in. Attention it to Kale. Or, if you want, feel free to drop it off personally and I'll give you the tour of the place...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NOW through March 1, 2009: Special promotional pricing for the Trim Panel is $100.00 + shipping! This can include either the "Glassback" stainless steel panel, or the blank stainless steel panel.

Feel free to call or place your order on-line. Any questions? Please let me know!
[email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, I'm interested in the group buy.

Count me in if you come up with enough folks!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I always thought the chrome/stainless pieces that just stick on the back of the trunk were tacky and screamed ebay.
But this is unique and actually I really like it! You guys have a cool product there and if I had the money to get the back painted I'd have already bought one :)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Midnyte-

Thanks for the inquiry! Unfortunately, we do not have in-house painting capabilities, so it would not be any cheaper to have us paint it for you. However, I do have one or two of our dealers in mind that can paint in-house. Let me check with them and I will PM you contact information.

Regarding a logo - if you guys have one or two in mind, like the "C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R" mentioned above, or "SRT8", please let me know. We would definitely consider a small run of stainless panels pre-etched. Thanks again!

Any word yet and info. about cost of this ^^^^

1 - 20 of 50 Posts