Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Count me in for one. Just let me know where to send the money.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I posted in the other thread but if we get enough for the price to be 75 count me in

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think that would be the consensus huh guys? ^^^^ In the same font as the "Glassback" wording. I'm down.
Put me down for one. Even if you don't get the twenty people, I will take one at the $100 dollar price tag. I could proably get it painted here, but doubtful if I will be able to find someone to etch the stainless panel so if you could get it etched just like big smooth described, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
As I said in the other topic I am in on the Group Buy. Even if we can't get 20 folks, I'm in @ $100.

I agree the C H R Y S L E R in a large spread out font (etched) like the Glassback name would be super sweet, I will get it done to mine on a blank S.S panel if we can't get them pre etched.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Due to Copyright issues it's highly unlikely they are going to oblige us, and I can't blame them. You could get this with the blank stainless panel and go to a local vinyl shop and have the letters cut out in "etch vinyl" for probably $20.00

I certainly wouldn't pass on this just because it doesn't say Chrysler, this is something you can easily get done.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Current List:

Inferno07
Jerad
Nailfoot
TreyHun
rsmeanie
Midnyte Sky
LSCto300C
BIG SMOOTH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Due to Copyright issues it's highly unlikely they are going to oblige us, and I can't blame them.
Actually, go back and look at the messages on Page 2. Patrick has already stated they'd be willing to do a C H R Y S L E R or SRT8 etching.

I'd be interested in that as well. :bling:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Midnyte-

Thanks for the inquiry! Unfortunately, we do not have in-house painting capabilities, so it would not be any cheaper to have us paint it for you. However, I do have one or two of our dealers in mind that can paint in-house. Let me check with them and I will PM you contact information.

Regarding a logo - if you guys have one or two in mind, like the "C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R" mentioned above, or "SRT8", please let me know. We would definitely consider a small run of stainless panels pre-etched. Thanks again!
Here it is ^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

Sorry for taking a day or two to update you; we've been working with one of our dealers to do the custom work you all are asking for, and are ironing out the last few details. We have a dealer (not a car dealer, one of CDC's product dealers) lined up that will pre-paint to match your car and can pre-etch the panels with the logos you want. As was mentioned in an earlier post, our hands are tied regarding pre-etching "Chrysler" because of licensing issues. The Big 3 have been hard on aftermarket manufacturers lately! If anyone needs clarification on that, please let me know.

I will post all of the details once we have everything lined up, but essentially, if you want a blank, unmodified and unpainted panel, you would order that directly from us. If you want a painted panel w/ an etched logo, you would order direct from this dealer. These guys have been in business for a long time, are wonderful to work with, and their pricing CAN NOT be beat. In fact, they are going to be painting the one that gets installed on my car.

Also... look for better pricing (I'm hoping- keep your fingers crossed!) to be announced as well! :)

Thank you all for the positive response and support - it is most appreciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is it possible to shave off the top and side "edges" of this piece and Bondo it smooth? Can your paint guy do this for a fee??
I would like the trunk to look totally smooth with this trunk panel....and then to mold it into the trunk for a 1 piece-look would be even nicer....:)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Good idea! It may be possible... I'd be concerned about material thickness, however. I think it'd be easier to replace the stainless panel with something like 1/16" thick ABS plastic, bond it in place on the trim panel, and smooth afterwords...

I don't want to speak for Josh, feel free to drop him a line and ask! :)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
We did speak with Josh today, and he is working diligently to get everyone handled. He said the phones have been lit up all day! Thanks for all the support!

As an alternative means of contact, if you wish, please feel free to email him at:

[email protected]

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Any idea if this can be painted and then etched at a later time without messing up the paint?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Woo Hoo! Paid for! :)

Thanks Brad :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts