Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I've been pretty lucky so far with gremlins on a first year vehicle, Build date is 05/04

I've had the occasional quirk phantom wipers, passenger airbag light, this new one is no big deal unless you really need to get in your trunk.....

Dash button....no go
Remote.......no go

"hmmm would really like to get my golf clubs, I thinks"

I thought I remembered seeing something in the EVIC when I pressed the button with the vehicle in gear, tried it....nothing.

"well well fahshizzle my nizzle"

Fold down the rear seat, try to reach the little emergency pull handle...just six more inches. Must have been quite the scene seeing my butt and shoes up in the air as I slither into the trunk to pull that damn handle.

I read the manual and I can't find a fuse for this operation.

Anyway, took it to my friendly & local dealer for a looksie. Apparently :stooges: , there is power to the trunk acuator 100% of the time (no fuse), and its fed from the instrument/dash cluster. Service guy said that its burning up the trunk actuators I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, I searched the forum and haven't seen anything like this.

Guess who's getting a new instrument/dash cluster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On mine they replaced the "clock spring" and that worked for about 3 weeks. This last time, with the passenger airbag light, they tested all of the "pin contacts" and found some that did not have good contact. I don't know where the "pin things" are but its been about a week and a half since and no airbag light.

Just to be sure I am talking about the yellow passenger airbag light that is on the lower right section of the instrument cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts