Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently installed some bass speakers in my trunk (2010 chrysler 300c) which were previously installed in my 2006 Chrysler 300c and now when im driving down the road with the bass bumping my trunk unlocks, it doesn't fly open just unlocks is there a way to fix this?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I noticed you have seen the other thread with the same problem.

Reactions: sweetharmoney23

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im going to try a few of there solutions and hopefully one will work, just wondering whats the best option and one that wont void the warranty in any way

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
None of those options suggested will void your warranty but I still wouldn't go with the kids in the boot idea.
Wouldn't hurt to look at those bumpers, quick and easy fix.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Sweetharmony23,

This TSB may not relate to the specific problem your experiencing but the just recently released TSB info below may hopefully resolve other owner's that visit this thread with a trunk opening problem:

TSB 19-002-11

SUBJECT:
Decklid Opens Unintentionally

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting the decklid passive entry switch and replacing if necessary.

MODELS:
2011 - 2013 LD Charger
2011 - 2013 LX 300

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after May 5, 2010 and on or before June 20, 2013 with Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (Sales Code LPA or LPN)**.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The decklid opens unintentionally when the vehicle is in park and the customer is within proximity.

Passive Entry / Decklid Passive Entry Switch = Part #68087978AC

Repair Time = less than 1/2 hr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts