Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a new thread cause there is more to this than the backwards lurch I brought my car in for. Hope that is OK. My symptom was a backwards lurch when putting in reverse after cold start in the morning. This problem was intermittent and had not happenned for a while until recently. Well have to leave the car at the dealer for two days as they have to check and upgrade the SW in the AM twice after sitting all night. There is a TSB they told me about three weeks old listed under Vehicle Performance for the 300C. Here are the problems (codes) listed in the TSB (he read to me over the phone and I am paraphrasing):
1) Engine stumble and hesitation after going from reverse to drive.
2) Rough idle after hot start.
3) Long crank on hot start.
4) Improved shifting.
5) Oil pressure light and a chime come on from stop on hard acceleration.

While these are not exact to what I have they may tie in. Dealer told me I had 2 of the above problems / codes come up. They did the SW fix but said the complete procedure is for the car to be checked again tommorrow Am to see if it took and if they need to load it again. If my problem still exists they are going to try to resolve with the Chrysler Starscan engineers.

Bob

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TSB did not fix it. They are working with STAR to resolve. Now I am hearing possible type of gas and alcohol level. Oh well, hopfully will work out in the end. If anyone has info on this please share. Keep on Hemi-ing.

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
RDMAC When you checked the vehicle status with the car's system controls (?), does your car say that the status is "okay"?

I have had similar problems, but my car continues to tell me the system is okay. I am scheduled for service next week, and I am wondering if I need to point them in the right direction or will they know by their computers,

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the best of my knowledge it says OK, but the dealer has experienced the problem and has escalated with Chrysler. I am now told a SW release 4.7 will be avl that has a fix. I am on 4.6. No time line yet. We will see.

Bob

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody out there have this backwards lurch in the morning problem and have it resolved. My car has done it every day for two weeks and and it seems to be getting worse. No fix from Chrysler. 300CinLV how did your service for this problem work out.

Bob

·
Registered
272 Posts
check fuses

rdmac said:
Started a new thread cause there is more to this than the backwards lurch I brought my car in for. Hope that is OK. My symptom was a backwards lurch when putting in reverse after cold start in the morning. This problem was intermittent and had not happenned for a while until recently. Well have to leave the car at the dealer for two days as they have to check and upgrade the SW in the AM twice after sitting all night. There is a TSB they told me about three weeks old listed under Vehicle Performance for the 300C. Here are the problems (codes) listed in the TSB (he read to me over the phone and I am paraphrasing):
1) Engine stumble and hesitation after going from reverse to drive.
2) Rough idle after hot start.
3) Long crank on hot start.
4) Improved shifting.
5) Oil pressure light and a chime come on from stop on hard acceleration.

While these are not exact to what I have they may tie in. Dealer told me I had 2 of the above problems / codes come up. They did the SW fix but said the complete procedure is for the car to be checked again tommorrow Am to see if it took and if they need to load it again. If my problem still exists they are going to try to resolve with the Chrysler Starscan engineers.

Bob
be sure to check that fuses in trunk and under hood are properly seated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
rdmac said:
Anybody out there have this backwards lurch in the morning problem and have it resolved. My car has done it every day for two weeks and and it seems to be getting worse. No fix from Chrysler. 300CinLV how did your service for this problem work out.

Bob
I haven't been in for service yet. They have some parts on order for some cosmetic fixes. I will let you know once in and serviced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
here is what was done on my car

perform rapid response 04-013
inspect and isolate transmisson wiring harness
5161636aa cover-wiring protector
4.7 engine performance enhancements
tsb 18-021-01 rev. a

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CDG

Did you have the backwards lurch problem at start up and did this stuff fix it. Surprised to hear 4.7 is avl now. When was this stuff done.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Bob i had mine done on 9-9-04 it did a little this morning but i shifted into reverse right away i wait a like 10 seconds and it does not do it then. It does idle smoother

Carlos

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Question for you, Bob:

How long a delay do you allow from starting to placing the tranny in reverse? (in seconds).

I have noticed that the EMC on this car is very "busy" when you wake it up. It seems to want to run diagnostics on a number of systems, especially the integrated engine, tranny, suspension, traction and anti-lock system typical of E class Mercedes.

I have learned to not engage mechanicals until at least 20 seconds has passsed.

does anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Northern

I start the car up, than put my seat belt on, than turn on the radio, maybe crack the sun roof, than put it in reverse. Not sure how long that is but when I put it in reverse with my foot on the brake the car will lurch backwards. Sometimes kinda mellow and only once. Sometimes severe and 2 to 4 times. This can not be normal. Also most cars do not do it. If I let the car idle for like 30 seconds, rev it a bit so it settles down, it doesn't do it. If this is modern german technology I want no part of it.

CDG

Its been a week for you or so since the procedure. Honestly has it made it really better.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Bob my car was built March 16 and picked up from dealer on June 28. It does idle smoother but im with northern it has to do with how quick you shift into reverse. The ETC on this cars you do not rev them it messes them up is what i think.
Carlos

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well had SW version 5.1 put in a couple days ago. Car seems to idle a little better. Pick up is strong. Started it up two mornings now. One morning it had a very slight almost not noticable lurch. The other morning it behaved extremely well. For those who have these issues thought i'd pass it on. If this doesn't fix it I'm going to be pretty pissed. Between right pull, lurch and idle thing, outside temp sensor, recalls, and sun roof rattle my car has been back 8 times since May.

Bob

·
Registered
272 Posts
CDG said:
here is what was done on my car

4.7 engine performance enhancements
tsb 18-021-01 rev. a
what is that "rapid response thing"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi James the rapid response is for the transmisson wiring harness. Im going back for a part on order so im going to see if they will flash my computer again.

Carlos

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, for you backwards lurchers. Have had the car back for 8 days. Seven days no lurch. One day a small lurch. Will continue to monitor. This has been since getting 5.1 installed.

Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Bob, have you disconnected the battery since your software upgrade? Wonder if this would a) flush the last of the ghosts out of the machine, b) have no effect, or c) cause it to big-lurch anew?

Inquiring minds...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts