Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my 06 SRT in today for the brake TSB and the transmission TSB -- knock 'em both out, get the dealer to install some DZ Posi Quiets, get the sled all fixed up for the New Year (well, almost. Hoping to get the Air Hammer shipped here next week. Please, Rev, please!)

Got the breakes done, added the DRL's for grins, some new Mobil 1 while it's there, but the Service Rep at the dealership says that they don't have the TSB software downloaded from DCX yet: "They are phasing it in to different dealerships gradually across the country." WTF? This is the age of bradband, come on. Any of y'all ever heard of this nonsense? How big is the code that they are flashing back into the car? He did say that it can take them 1 hour to re-flash the TCM -- is that right? I am either way underestimating the size of the program, or my dealer and our cars are still working in a 9600 baud world. Thoughts?

Oh, then, get this. Pulling back into my garage, planning on waiting a bit for the dealer to get caught up, I notice right smack dab in the middle of my space, the dreaded pool o' tranny fluid -- got the pin connector leak over Christmas and didn't notice it when I pulled out this morning.

So, it's back to the dealership in the am, with hopes for a fix for that and a re-flash. I am correct in assuming that they should be able to get that new TSB TCM program downloaded in a day or two, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Wow, you have been busy with your ride getting her all fixed up. I can’t say how big the file is for the flash of the TCM. It must be a decent size. I’ve never heard tell of the dealership waiting on a down load though…..not that it isn’t possible, but there has been so much BS spewed from service managers in the past I’m leery. I’m sure someone more knowledgeable would have a good idea. I spoke with my dealer and he is ready to roll if I want it done.
Sounds like you need your 0-ring fixed as well. When it rains it pours. Good luck and keep us updated. :fing02:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The TSB itself allows only .4, or about 20-23 minutes for the flash process, so if they take an hour, they are adding more time than needed. I know I rolled in at 0800 and back out at 0835.

·
Registered
145 Posts
TCM flash is downloaded from dealerconnect (5 minutes), then flashed to the TCM (10-15 minutes). all flash files are available to all dealers at the same time.

EDIT: i would like to add that this does not take into account the time required to drive vehicle in/out of shop, finding the appropriate TSB, hooking up battery charger to maintain sufficien voltage during the flash or filling out and applying the authorized vehicle modification decal (law).

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
So, I took my 06 SRT in today for the brake TSB and the transmission TSB -- knock 'em both out, get the dealer to install some DZ Posi Quiets, get the sled all fixed up for the New Year (well, almost. Hoping to get the Air Hammer shipped here next week. Please, Rev, please!)

Got the breakes done, added the DRL's for grins, some new Mobil 1 while it's there, but the Service Rep at the dealership says that they don't have the TSB software downloaded from DCX yet: "They are phasing it in to different dealerships gradually across the country." WTF? This is the age of bradband, come on. Any of y'all ever heard of this nonsense? How big is the code that they are flashing back into the car? He did say that it can take them 1 hour to re-flash the TCM -- is that right? I am either way underestimating the size of the program, or my dealer and our cars are still working in a 9600 baud world. Thoughts?

Oh, then, get this. Pulling back into my garage, planning on waiting a bit for the dealer to get caught up, I notice right smack dab in the middle of my space, the dreaded pool o' tranny fluid -- got the pin connector leak over Christmas and didn't notice it when I pulled out this morning.

So, it's back to the dealership in the am, with hopes for a fix for that and a re-flash. I am correct in assuming that they should be able to get that new TSB TCM program downloaded in a day or two, right?

Thanks
My dealer said the same that flash takes a few minutes and all the Chryslers dealers get updates at the same time. I'll be getting the flash update when my new brake rotors come in. Is it right for the dealer to charge you labor for this? Also, if I wanted the new oil would they have to do that oil change for free? One more questions....What are DRL's? Thanks:fing02:

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Thanks Rambit. I also PM'd larfx with the redirect . . .

Was going to get the flash this am but the dealer's internet is down. I'll try for this afternoon.
Make sure you comment somewhere here then. If you approve I'll get it done too on another TCM.

Rambit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Success

Thanks for the responses (or, at least those that were on topic). Got the car back this morning after leaving it at the dealership for a few days while down on the King Ranch chasing quail . . . . Barely got a chance to drive it this morning, but from what I could tell, I think I will love the new transmission. Very excited.

Y'all have a Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Damn, I've talked to several Chrysler dealers in my area, and none of them seem to be aware of this new TSB on the tranny. I wonder why some areas are getting it done, and some don't even know about it? It doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get to someone that knows about this TSB ? Thanks,

Mav

1 - 14 of 14 Posts