Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of, or have details on a TSB for the MDS?? My car is currently in to be checked for the "water in transmission" issue. I have been experiencing low gear slipping (while vehicle is cold) and a slight vibration at highway speeds (above 60). As well as noticing that my Avg MPG has dropped almost 2 MPG over the last month w/ no differences in driving habits. The service rep just called to tell me that they road tested the vehicle, and (of course) could not duplicate the problem, and also the fluid checked out fine. However, he did mention that the tech had a TSB that he was using regarding the MDS, regarding the MPG but that I wasn't experiencing any of the other symptoms. Anyway, they are still investigating that one, and I really didn't get much out of the advisor about the TSB. Just wondering if any one here may know of it.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I did read through the sticky first, but didn't find anything related to the TSB, so I figured I'd throw it out here on the forums to see what I got back.....

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Hopefully ResumeSpeed, or someone can offer some info, you might want to send RS a PM and link him to your thread. Keep us posted... :wave:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mds Tsb

I would be interested in any MDS related tsbs- I do not get more than 23.3 MPG and that too when I am on "cruise" at about 60 MPH- Anything faster and I get less than the 23 odd mpgs. Others here have reported more mpgs at higher cruise speeds.. Mine is a 2006 AWD 300C..

jaydee

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
jaydee said:
I would be interested in any MDS related tsbs- I do not get more than 23.3 MPG and that too when I am on "cruise" at about 60 MPH- Anything faster and I get less than the 23 odd mpgs. Others here have reported more mpgs at higher cruise speeds.. Mine is a 2006 AWD 300C
I'd say your AWD function is holding you down at least 2 mpg...

·
Registered
448 Posts
300C_NJ said:
Anyone know of, or have details on a TSB for the MDS??
The '05 C manual doesn't mention if MDS reset is required following battery disconnect.

Some other Chrysler products' manuals do specify MDS reset is required following battery disconect.

TSB #08-013-04 dated 3-23-04 specifies a particular procedure to reset MDS.

In two weeks, this was replaced with TSB #08-013-04A. All mention of MDS reset was removed. Instructions include discarding the original TSB.

I have noticed drastic mileage decreases following battery disconnect. The reset procedure is easy. Find it in this thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/fa...ter-battery-disconnect.html?highlight=mileage

Some say the reset is not needed as it will occur on its own. The first time I disconnected my battery I was getting worse mileage for 2000 miles before trying the reset procedure. It worked instantly.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I gassed up this AM and reset the calculator, then hit the 30 bypass east, 202N and 76E for 26 miles. Traffic was really light and I set the cruise at 60. Didn't slow down for traffic but twice or so. Got 26.0 MPG on the EVIC in the parking space.
The trip home dropped things back to a more realistic 22.0 MPG (but then I did get on it a couple of times and did a pitstop to pickup dinner).
I'd say if you are getting over 20 MPG in any kind of 45-60 minute rushhour commute you are doing just fine.
The real crap is the price of gas went up $0.30/gallon in less than 2 weeks!

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Sort of off-topic but not completely; I got a "computer memory saver" which will supply enough power to the computer to maintain memory settings in the event you need to disconnect the battery. It plugs into the 12v power outlet in the console, and a standard 9v battery attatches to it. You can get it at any auto parts store I'm sure, but the NAPA part number is 782-1609. Plug it in before you disconnect the battery; use the outlet in the console rather than the cigarette lighter in the ash tray because the one in the console does not require the ignition to be "on" for it to work. In theory you should not have to reset the MDS, the power windows, or anything else if you use this device when disconnecting the battery for any reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts