Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep this in mind guys and gals,
DON'T go into your dealer saying "I've got a TSB notice on this item and I want you to take a look at it"...
Tell them the "problem" you are having...
let the service dept. diagnose what they are going to do...
and if it doesn't turn your way during the conversation...
repeat the issue - by referring in YOUR MIND as you speak to them the issue...
Still no luck...
say you heard there was some type of similar problem with a friends car in another state...
still no luck...
say you've read there is a issue concerning this with a lot of cars like yours...
still no luck...
tell them that you saw there is some type of memo on this issue you read on a forum...
still no luck...
pull out the TSB and hand it to your service writer...

Why do I say what I said above...
you don't want to go in there being the know it all...
everything always goes smoother with honey than vinegar...
Just an FYI after watching someone do this (pulling out the TSB and telling them to fix his car) the other day at the dealership...
just about alienated everyone within 5 minutes...
JMO...
The incredible info that resumespeed provides is to enlighten us to the known problems with the LX platform vehicles and for us to take them in when we experience "said" problem and have the luxury that DCX knows about "said" problem and has a resolution for the "problem"...
albeit not always how we want it to be handled - ie: rotors on SRT's...

·
Registered
842 Posts
yep.....thats for sure^^^^^^^^^^^took me six months of being nice but they bought the "c" back....

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts

Not a bad idea, Chris. Since I already have a great relationship with my service advisor, I simply ask him to add "check for current TSB's" on the work order and leave it at that. Of course, I have a copy with me should I need it later on. :01:

bruno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts