Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
2006 C w/14,750 m.

Noticed long but shallow tranny fluid trail in garage.

I brought it to our Chrysler service lady and she said "oh yes I had that done on mine, it's the electrical adapter and they change the plug and bushing and you'll be fine"

I also had an engine chirping issue which turned out to be the belt tensioner, and they replaced that too.

Car was in at 7 AM, out at 5 PM, and I had a Crossfire convertible as a loaner. Perfect situation overall, and the convertible was nice and peppy, and perfect for a 75 degree Florida afternoon.

They also detailed the car in their shop, interior too.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Well this morning I noticed the dreaded tranny leak......looks like I'll have to wait a few days until after Christmas..ugghhh

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had mine fixed under warranty about 3 weeks ago. Now they replace the plug adaptor(#68021352 AA) and new 0 rings. It took about 45 minutes,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I had mine fixed under warranty about 3 weeks ago. Now they replace the plug adaptor(#68021352 AA) and new 0 rings. It took about 45 minutes,
Is there a tsb on this? I couldn't find one.....dealer is open tomorrow so I am going to try and bring it in first thing in am....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Herd, this is a well known problem. When I took mine and told the write up guy he knew exactly what I was talking about and said he had done several.
I had a copy of the #21-003-06 TSB but never had to bring it out. I really think you won't have a problem!

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Went in today to dealer and was out in under 45 minutes....the car was only on the lift for about 10 minutes. They replaced the plug adapter/guide bushing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't believe this but came home from work today and red fluid on my garage floor too.... Well looks like I will have to take it in. This is almost laughable....

Looking under the car, I cannot see any signs of leaking and after clean-up I don't see anymore now that I pulled it in. Nothing in the driveway where I had it parked when I found the fluid.

·
Registered
558 Posts
...under the car, I cannot see any signs of leaking and after clean-up I don't see anymore now that I pulled it in. Nothing in the driveway where I had it parked when I found the fluid.
Same thing happened with me. I saw it once, and then there were no drips on any of the stops I did for the rest of the day. It still needed to be corrected though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Got my appointment for Thursday morning. Get this thing fixed....

Anyone that had this done, did you ever have a leak again?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Took it in this morning for the leak and they did the cloudy coolant fix, a reflash, and fixed the sunroof sunshade that was broken.

Very happy with the service.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sounds good.... I had the transmission service on Nov 28th, and have not seen any problem since.

When I had the oil changed at Chrysler last week, they did find and replace the RF outer tie-rod boot. It had been torn.

I am turning 16,000 miles, 22 months old and the original Conti's are at 4/32 depth. They're not going to be around much longer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The wife's 2005 C just turned the 15,000 mi mark.
To celabrate, the o-ring went almost to the day.
Just returned from the dealer the other day. In about 2 hours they provided a service, as well as the o-ring fix. No problems.
If it wasn't for the posts in the forum, I would have originally been worried.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Failed O-Rings

The wife's 2005 C just turned the 15,000 mi mark.
To celabrate, the o-ring went almost to the day.
Just returned from the dealer the other day. In about 2 hours they provided a service, as well as the o-ring fix. No problems.
If it wasn't for the posts in the forum, I would have originally been worried.
Mine just failed at 13K, just thought Id throw my two cents in.:smashfrea

·
Registered
29 Posts
Add me to the list ... over the weekend I noticed a very small amount of tranny fluid on my driveway, I called my dealer this morning at 8:00 am, told them I had a tranny leak, I was told no appointments until Wednesday but I could bring it in today and leave it and get a rental car under warranty. I Got to the dealer at 9:00 am and told the service manager who happened to be doing my write up what I thought it might be, he said I will have you out of here in 1 hour if that is what it turns out to be. he also said they see an average of 40 to 50 a week with the Plug Adaptor leak, and sure enough that is what it turned out to be. They replaced the plug adaptor 21003015 part # 68026608 AA, and no need to get a rental and wait until Wednesday I was on my way home within 1 hour. By the way I just turned 13k miles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm coming up on my warrenty expiring. I had to get an state inspection and mentioned that I thought it may be shifting poorly. Tech drove it, checked it and sure enough, low fluid due to plug leak. He said that he knew it because he has had so many of them. All fixed no charge and I came away with a free oil change and filter because the tech thought that was what it was in for. Guess I did o.k. this time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Add me to the list ... over the weekend I noticed a very small amount of tranny fluid on my driveway, I called my dealer this morning at 8:00 am, told them I had a tranny leak, I was told no appointments until Wednesday but I could bring it in today and leave it and get a rental car under warranty. I Got to the dealer at 9:00 am and told the service manager who happened to be doing my write up what I thought it might be, he said I will have you out of here in 1 hour if that is what it turns out to be. he also said they see an average of 40 to 50 a week with the Plug Adaptor leak, and sure enough that is what it turned out to be. They replaced the plug adaptor 21003015 part # 68026608 AA, and no need to get a rental and wait until Wednesday I was on my way home within 1 hour. By the way I just turned 13k miles.
Yup :fing02:

Very common issue as you have all noticed by now. Simple fix, and it the job is done right it shouldnt ever leak again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine crapped this morning...8500 miles. Two hours at the dealership...all is well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Jabroni, thats pretty ironic, Had mine fixed about 2 months ago at 8,500 miles!

·
Registered
113 Posts
ok so im about to buy on 2006 C do i need to worry about this leak cause it sounds like most of them are 2005 or SRT? It should say in the manual or service rec. somewhere that this was fixed right? Im buying from a lot, not a dealership... but it still has the limited war. on for about another year.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts