Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my car in for service and I am going to have a couple of tsb's done. Do I need to unistall my predator? Thanks.​

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i always do...

better safe than sorry....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Right, you should ALWAYS put back the stock tune before going in for service. If they flash your ECU and you have the Predator tune on it, you just lost the tune and you lost the Predator, because once the CalID is changed, the Predator will not work unless its reset, which can only be done by returning your car to stock.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
As Mike said you must ALWAYS put back to stock before servicing. Even if they don't do any updates its always better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Right, you should ALWAYS put back the stock tune before going in for service. If they flash your ECU and you have the Predator tune on it, you just lost the tune and you lost the Predator, because once the CalID is changed, the Predator will not work unless its reset, which can only be done by returning your car to stock.

I have a question......when I was at the track I cleared my adaptives and stuff and decided to unload my tune and just start fresh with a new tune. When I did this, I'm afraid I saved that existing tune as my base (93 cai):pat: . Did it infact overwrite my stock tune?.....how can I get stock back?..thank you!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Stock/original tune can never be overwritten. You are safe there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
thank you very much jected...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts