Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be changing my thermostat on my 05 300C today or tomorrow and would like to go with a 180 or 190 thermostat. I currently have a custom exhaust and K&N CAI, but haven't been able to get a tuner yet. I will be getting one, but it likely won't be for a couple of months. Can I go with a 180/190 thermostat without a tuner? Thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can put the tstat in but won't see the full benefit until you get a tuner and can adjust the fan settings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can put the tstat in but won't see the full benefit until you get a tuner and can adjust the fan settings.
Ok. Is the car going to run around 180 or is it going to run warmer till the fans kick on (at abouve 200)?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
It will run warmer until you can change the fan settings in traffic. On the highway it will run near 181 - 183 until you slow down.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm going to be changing my thermostat on my 05 300C today or tomorrow and would like to go with a 180 or 190 thermostat. I currently have a custom exhaust and K&N CAI, but haven't been able to get a tuner yet. I will be getting one, but it likely won't be for a couple of months. Can I go with a 180/190 thermostat without a tuner? Thanks.
Yes you can.
I used my 180T-stat for about 6-7 months before I purchased my Predator.
PS...hurry up and get a Predator. You will not believe how your car performs with it...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Keep in mind too, that a 180* without a tune will throw a CEL unless the engine gets to the OEM temps at least once in the ignition cycle. In other words, leave home but get stuck in stop'n go traffic for a coupla minutes. Not moving brings your engine temps up to the OEM stat settings before the fans kick in. You're good. But if the temps never get up there at least once (preferably during the 1st 10-20 minutes), you'll get a CEL.

Like the others already stated; Get yourself a Predator. It'll be the best investment you will have made since you bought that $10,000 life-size, battery-operated silicone doll with lifelike features and working orifices :07:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It'll be the best investment you will have made since you bought that $10,000 life-size, battery-operated silicone doll with lifelike features and working orifices :07:
Eh....
I wont go THAT far.....LMAO!!!

But seriously tho..
If you get a predator you will kick yourself for waiting for so long...LOL

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'll just wait to go down to the 180 then, just until I get the tuner. Thanks for the info.
Eh...Just go get the T-stat now.
At least that will be out of the way. Should be under $15

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
^ agreed completely...can't hurt anything and will help when on the highway or rolling I'm light traffic. Hemi's like to be cool, keep it out of the KR zone and she will thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts