1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
All that will do for you is offset the ECU to put more fuel into the engine under every and all circumstances. I believe the same applies to all the inexpensive analogue tuning chips. I wouldn't waste my money on it.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
By the way I was looking to send you a PM and see you have not as yet activated that facility. It enables each of us to communicate privately with each other and is well worth setting up. Go to your USER CP in the tool bar at the top of the page and click on it. Down the side of the page are a number of options including "Activate Personal Messages" Click on that then "Save" and that's it done.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
John,I cant remember if we(all of us) have come to the conclusion that if you pull fuse 11 for 15 seconds works on the diesels,does it??I know it does on the Hemi's but for the life of me I cant remember if it does for CRD's because its the TCM that slows the car down after a while.Please remind me

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
It apparently works on the CRD as far as I am aware - never got round to trying it though. 'Way too busy organising this fantastic day out in New Lanark on May 4th -and there is no <grin> after that one - it is 100% true.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
well in that case(about fuse 11)2008uk300c,try pulling fuse 11 for 15 seconds then pop it back in and drive it like you stole it,you will feel the difference straight away but you have do it on a regular basis,the fueling and tranny changes learn how you drive,so if you drive like a granny(no offence)like we have to most of the time it learns that type of driving and delivers the fuel and tranny changes accordingly,pull the fuse,put it back,bang,like brand new again.I'm very very sure the CRD boys will tell you the best chip to buy for the CRD( I cant as I run the steam engine.lol)but keep pulling the fuse.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
All that will do for you is offset the ECU to put more fuel into the engine under every and all circumstances. I believe the same applies to all the inexpensive analogue tuning chips. I wouldn't waste my money on it.
Cheers John
Doesn't the blurb says that this is a digital product, not analogue ? (BTW, what difference does it make ?)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it does say in the blurb that it is digital ! does it make a difference, so long as it makes it go like stink, they can call it what they please

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought one, It was very cheap and he even gave me 20% off with a best offer. The parcel came from germany. I fitted it and it made no difference.
Under closer inspection the chip looked home made with three wires in and out and a small black box full of resin. One chip was exposed but When I found the datasheet it said it was a Ethernet network chip. I measured the wires and two went straight though and the middle one had 500 ohms. I could't take it apart any further because it would invalidate the warranty. I Got my money back and had it chipped properly at Racetune.

If you look at his feedback most people are not sure what to expect and just give positive. if you give him negative he will just return it back.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good advice scramp, thanks for the comments, I guess you get what you pay for applies in this situation, just need to convince the bread knife that it really is more important than buying the kids clothes!!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I bought one, It was very cheap and he even gave me 20% off with a best offer. The parcel came from germany. I fitted it and it made no difference.
Under closer inspection the chip looked home made with three wires in and out and a small black box full of resin. One chip was exposed but When I found the datasheet it said it was a Ethernet network chip. I measured the wires and two went straight though and the middle one had 500 ohms. I could't take it apart any further because it would invalidate the warranty. I Got my money back and had it chipped properly at Racetune.

If you look at his feedback most people are not sure what to expect and just give positive. if you give him negative he will just return it back.
I read on another forum (Audi) that some ultra-cheapo "chips" consist solely of a resistor which fools the ECU into providing more fuel, based on an incorrect fuel temp reading. The Ethernet chip looks suspicious and could just be a dummy.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
My mate got his from here and is very satisfied with it. I think he said that it was the crd2 version and it cost about £250 IIRC.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The ethernet chip will have several components within it. I suspect one of those is a simple resistor which will fool the engine sensors into delivering more fuel. These have been on the market for ages, but over the last couple of years guys have realised if they buy a chip with a resistance they can use that instead of a standard resistor. It looks a lot better so it sells better. They are all crap tho, just get a resistor from radio shack and stick that in if you wanna try, it will do the same job.

Best to buy a proper black box or remap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts