Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys -

I'm reading all these threads trying to absorb the community knowledge, but there's a couple of things I don't understand that I haven't noticed answered (BTW, I've got the 7135 Diablo Predator with the 91 octane tune installed on the car)...

1) Why would you want to turn off MDS - under what circumstances is that a good idea?
2) What is the deal with 'shift firmness'? My (limited) understanding is this really doesn't do anything for speed gains - it just 'feels' better.

I originally posted this as a thread hijack, so I think it got buried...

Thanks for your input!

Dechief4

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
best thing to do is try it for yourself,if the butt dyno agrees then it works

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
1) Why would you want to turn off MDS - under what circumstances is that a good idea? If you have aftermarket exhaust and drone is bothering you turning off MDS can help. The MDS comes on and goes off so quickly (hundredths of a second) that it does not effect your acceleration.
2) What is the deal with 'shift firmness'? My (limited) understanding is this really doesn't do anything for speed gains - it just 'feels' better. Shift firmness reduces the amount of torque management during shifts. This allows the shift to happen quicker. The quicker full power is back to the wheels the faster you will cover a given distance. So it does help you get to a given speed in less time(quicker) but it doesn't help you attain a higher speed(faster).

I originally posted this as a thread hijack, so I think it got buried...

Thanks for your input!

Dechief4

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outstanding reply. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I'll say it in US english.lol.If you have diablo and you're not sure of "shift firmness"increasing speed,try it with it loaded then try it with it not loaded and feel the difference(butt dyno)If it works better with it loaded leave it on,My butt dyno tells me its better and I also leave the MDS on,I get a bit of a surge now and then when I'm cruising but I can live with that.Do you get me now.lol:sasmokin:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say it in US english.lol.If you have diablo and you're not sure of "shift firmness"increasing speed,try it with it loaded then try it with it not loaded and feel the difference(butt dyno)If it works better with it loaded leave it on,My butt dyno tells me its better and I also leave the MDS on,I get a bit of a surge now and then when I'm cruising but I can live with that.Do you get me now.lol:sasmokin:
LOL - gotcha - You Brits are always so understated :biggrin:... What confused me was I was asking the what/why (the mechanics thereof), not 'how'...
Cheers!

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great attitude...your going to get loads of help :pat:
Ummm. The response was written literally, not snidely. Midnight gave a truly outstanding, easy to understand reply. I would hope others would be as helpful. :pat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts