Discussion Starter #1
300 crd
I am thinking of fitting "spider" tuning box from Diesel Tuning Performance

£375 fitted

any members with experience of this product

·
Registered
133 Posts
ive tried tuning boxes but much prefer ECU remapp ive went with racetune couldnt be happier and great fun

·
Registered
650 Posts
Remap

I couldnt agree more zippy, just had my CRD Tourer remapped (Angel Tuning) and the difference is awesome, I was going do do a new post for members but will just add it here.
The guy came out and backed up my original Map then replaced it with the upgraded one. The power is massively noticeable and the gear changes are smoother ( I also tow a trailer and the extra grunt makes this a whole new experience).
I asked about chips and he said that you should not buy chips if you can help it as they just kid the ECU on about how much diesel is required....(and other things) but a remap changes all the essential settings so the various components (turbo, injection system air intake etc ) are running in conjunction with each other.
Not apparent to the dealer, unless he takes it out for a run and guns it.
All in all a much better option and at a very comparitve cost to chips £350 amd they come to your house, if I had done it sooner he said he could of come to the meet at New Lanark and gave us all a discounted price. But if a number of folks want it done he will reduce the cost.

Very happy

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ive tried tuning boxes but much prefer ECU remapp ive went with racetune couldnt be happier and great fun
Zippy, Can you give us some details on why you like the remap better than the tuning box? What did you think were the pros and cons for both?

I'm interested in chipping or remap, but purely for the mpg gains. Never have been much of a racer and decided on getting a CRD or 730d before I even knew about the figures. I just always thought the diesel was sluggish, but I'm so wrong! Anyway a gain on mpg with the added power for when you need it looks good, but not sure how it will work with my warranty.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tuning- remap

remap sounds good

but is it not visible when the car is being serviced and connected to diagnostics. therefore warranty implication.

Tuning box not detected as it can be removed and replaced after servicing!

·
Registered
650 Posts
remap sounds good

but is it not visible when the car is being serviced and connected to diagnostics. therefore warranty implication.

Not apparent to the dealer, unless he takes it out for a run and guns it.
will not show on diagnostics.

Propus

Better MPG Smoother gear changes better pulling power and safer to the engine, as described above.

Cheers

Stig

·
Registered
133 Posts
my remapp increased mpg by 2-3 mpg plus its just nice to have the xtra power when needed.. it increased my bhp from 218 to 275 bhp...510 nm to 620 nm.... ive had 0-60 down as low as mid 5 secs in the right conditions...as for warranty it was my dealer who recommended it..the car as been in for service and warrant work and no mention of it..as for tuning boxes im lead to belive all they do is over fuel.. in my case they caused diesel knock (that was on my old car mondeo)so i remapped that and no more problems

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sorry router playing up posted twice

Stig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys

Zippysearle
As I am not far from race tune (Phil Whitaker Cars) I will enquire regards price

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
remap sounds good

Mmmm, I'm a bit sceptical about this 'not being able to be detected' for remaps.

When something writes to the engine management system it changes a 'bit' in the code and therefore could be detected should anyone dig deep enough.

Those are some impressive figures above though.

Stef

1 - 11 of 11 Posts