Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 CRD 3.0 300c 79,000 miles
Afternoon

Having recently got to the bottom of an ever ongoing problem my turbo seized up the shaft was solid and could not be spun the reason for this was the oil cooler sat in the middle of the V on the engine has blown it seals to that extent it had Lowered the oil pressure significantly and was spilling it out of the back and down the transmission starving the turbo of oil however this was not apparent until after I installed a fully reconditioned turbo from turbo technics.
The car ran and was running but the turbo was screeching intermittently on and off boost then the oil leak became apparent. Full inlet strip down full cooler strip down new seals new gaskets new clips

The fault now excessive blue smoke turbo is running fine and boosting is it safe to say that I may have destroyed the seals/bearings in the new turbo? It has been driven warmed up and cool down and driven again several times but still see the same amount of smoke. ???

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Sorry, can't help with your turbo problem, but it could well be damaged bearings. I am curious about the reason for the failure of your oil cooler seals. Usually, the culprit is leaking diesel from the fuel pipes. Unfortunately, there is no oil pressure sensor on the CRD; the location where it should be fitted has been blanked off. Only oil level is monitored and this is what eventually triggers the oil warning lamp. Did this happen? Several years ago, I experienced a serious oil loss after incorrectly fitting the "O" ring on the oil filter cap and the oil warning light came on during a test drive, however, I must have been lucky not to damage the turbo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response
The car had been stood prior to me purchasing it with several unknown faults. After getting the car running then the faults became apparent.
Basically i am working through someones bodges by the looks of it.
79,000 miles on the car and plenty of faults. To date glow plug module, turbo and gaskets, 2 abs rings rear, 3 abs/speed sensors, 2 tyres, front discs and pads list goes on .....

smoking issue is annoying now working through it .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts