Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting very close to going down the FI road. However, the only thing holding me back is deciding on which system to go with - turbo or s/charger. What are the pro's and con's for one over the other and what brand would you choose. Any advice here will be greatly appreciated.Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
easy

easy, just see the thread in the performance mods section for PPP new Turbo setup.

Basically, Mechanical supercharger versus exhaust driven supercharger. Mechanical=cheap fast easy. Linear power curve. Lower output, noisy.
Turbo=more $$$, FAT torque curve, variable boost by gear, quieter.

With the new solid state boost controllers allowing you to add boost as you get into the upper gears it is just unreal. Turbo is an easy winner.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hey Steve

Don't forget the crown jewel...positive displacement twin screw supercharger. If and when PPP adds that to their list it should be a clear winner. If you call the turbo a fat power curve the PDTS will be obese and it's torque curve illegal. My guess is it will be half the cost, half the weight and a 6 lb kit without heat exchanger will be a half day install for the novice. However it will have parasitic loss that the turbo does not.

P.S. PM me when you're ready to talk exhaust. :)

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
yo!

Hey Man!

Sure haven't seen you 'round here much. Always my pleasure.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Today we dyno-tuned another CIS Turbo on a Dodge Charger. This run was with 4.5 psi. The first plot is a stock SRT8 against the 5.7 Charger on 4.5psi.

This next plot is a stock 5.7 against a 5.7 with 4.5psi and another 5.7 with 6.5psi, hp only.

Here is the tq from the same run.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today we dyno-tuned another CIS Turbo on a Dodge Charger. This run was with 4.5 psi. The first plot is a stock SRT8 against the 5.7 Charger on 4.5psi.

This next plot is a stock 5.7 against a 5.7 with 4.5psi and another 5.7 with 6.5psi, hp only.

Here is the tq from the same run.
Impressive #'s guys. When are you likely to have a kit together for the SRT's, and what #'s would you predict

1 - 7 of 7 Posts