Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed that the left turn signal led was on while it should not be. Half an hour later I could not switch of right signal for a few seconds. Is this a know issue?

·
Registered
336 Posts
You may be the first I've heard of with this. Sounds electrical to me. Does it happen all the time? The turns signal led you're referring to is the dash indicator? That is a weird one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LWOOD said:
You may be the first I've heard of with this. Sounds electrical to me. Does it happen all the time? The turns signal led you're referring to is the dash indicator? That is a weird one.
Yes, the dash indicator, did not know how to call it actually. And it does not happen all the time. Talking to my wife I found uot she had it to, also under the same conditions, after a full speed run on the German autobahn. We drive there at night a lot and as fast as she will go. I noticed that after around 45 minutes the whole dashboard gets pretty hot, just like the glove compartment etc. Probably just the heat of the engine running full blast. All out small electrical problems happened at those times, so I get the idea the electrics/electronics don't like the heat a lot. There is no problem with engine temp btw, it is just the engine bay that heats up and radiates to the back.

To defend the 300, we had loads of cars and the only car that did not get pretty hot up front was the Porsche (yes, because it has the engine on the wrong side of the car, lol).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Turn signals

LWOOD said:

The same thing happened to me last weekend. I got it to shut down by pushing in the wiper pulse switch. I forgot about it until I saw this thread.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
illini4 said:
The same thing happened to me last weekend. I got it to shut down by pushing in the wiper pulse switch. I forgot about it until I saw this thread.
Aha, did your blinker stay on or only the dash indicator?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Turn signal

mathijskok said:
Aha, did your blinker stay on or only the dash indicator?
I'm not sure what was happening. I noticed the dash indicator flashing, but I'm pretty sure the switch was in the off position at the time. I started moving the swith around and caused the left indicator to come on. No matter what I did one or the other stayed on until I pushed the wiper pulse button on the end of the lever. Everything returned to normal after that. If it happens again, I'll try to figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I figured this one out (should have known better in the first place). I didn't realize that the lane change feature keeps the signal flashing for 3-4 repetitions if you push it all the way to the end of its travel. If you don't know this, it appears the signal is flashing in the off position.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
illini4 said:
I figured this one out (should have known better in the first place). I didn't realize that the lane change feature keeps the signal flashing for 3-4 repetitions if you push it all the way to the end of its travel. If you don't know this, it appears the signal is flashing in the off position.
Ahhh, that's a feature, not a bug... But what I had was different. Happened today again. This time I actually had to stop and kill the car. I am looking forward to a trip to the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts