Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this on the Diesel forum. Tried it and within 5 seconds ESP off completely. Turning the car off resets back to normal.

Give this a try:biggrin:
START ENGINE SELECT DRIVE WHEN GENTLE ROLLING FOWARD PUT IN NEUTRAL AND TURN KEY FOWARD AS IF STARTING ALL THE LIGHTS ON THE DASH WILL COME ON (IE ESP BAS) HEY PRESTO THERE YOU GO..

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ill give it a try next time Im in the car and see what happens
Not much mate, I didn't notice any differance when I did it a while ago, below is the steps I found on the Forum in another area I just copy and pasted them here. They call it "Performance Mode"

Step 1 Make sure car is in motion ...at least 20 kph speed doesnt matter as long as your moving somewhat.

Step 2 Put the transmission in neutral .

Step 3 Turn the key like your staring the engine and hold for 3 seconds DO NOT turn the vehicle off . Just turn and hold .

Step 4 Listen for chime . Let go off key ... DO NOT TURN just let go .

Step 5 Put car in drive and away you go .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is there even any way to turn the esp completely off in an 05 300c, i cant figure it out, i hit the button to turn off but when i do a burnout or skid sideways it still kicks in and shuts me down. sad day

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there even any way to turn the esp completely off in an 05 300c, i cant figure it out, i hit the button to turn off but when i do a burnout or skid sideways it still kicks in and shuts me down. sad day
On 2005-2006 300's the key trick won't work. You either need to cut the yaw sensor power wire and add a switch, or do the noesp mod from noesp.com. You don't need to put the car in neutral when doing the key trick on the newer models... only have to have the car moving.

·
Registered
97 Posts
also, i have noticed with my 08 SRT8, sometimes even if i am doing over 20kmph it still doesn't work the first time. If you turn the key and the stereo doesn't turn off, it isn't going to work. i just let it go and do it again and it works straight away. It is awesome except while in this mode my adaptive cruise says unavailable and the only way to reset it is to turn the car off and back on, but to start it again you have to be in neutral and if moving even 1kmph it won't go back into drive, so if you want to use cruise, it is safer to turn esp off by holding the esp btton down for 10+ seconds until the esp light comes on, not just the squiggle light (this has to be done while completely stopped thought), that way you can turn it on again by pressing the esp button briefly again while driving and then you can use cruise again without having to stop, shut car off, then neutral, start, drive, go....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I looked at the noesp website. looks like a pretty sick mod, might have to try that one. any one in here do that mod yet?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I keep forgetting, the esp off after pressing the button for ~10 seconds seems to be an srt8 option only... sorry to get anyone's hopes up with a non srt...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just pressed my e-break one knotch and it seems to have disabled the esp in the rain on my '05 300C. I didnt do it for too long but I went all out and it seems to have done the trick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess we are willing to do dumb things just to lay rubber!
Don't need to fully disable esp to lay rubber.

1. Turn ESP button off.
2. HOld break all the way down.
3. Put gas all the way down(quickly) and it should burn, if not then slowly let go of break while holding gas all the way down.

·
Registered
544 Posts
True, and I know that...my real argument is that it is a good thing that ESP turns back on automatically so its there when you need it.....Chrysler engineers are trying to keep us from getting killed........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts