Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that my speaker system is pretty decent how it is but i am wanting to add 2 kicker l7s to it and i have seen in some convertibles (cant remember which ones) they had tweeters or really small mids in the shoulder of the seats(on the main part of the seat next where the head rest sits)and outs are really wide its just an idea but i think it would make the highs and bass more of an even sound.. bad idea??:smashfrea

·
Registered
470 Posts
don't think it's a good idea b/c it would be right next to your ear. but i could be wrong there's more people on the forum that could give more imput.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a 85 fiero and there was tweeters in the head rest . :thumbsdow It was a nightmare. I don't thing it's a good ideal

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I agree. You would have to throttle them down considerably.
The reason the Fiero's sounded ok was that each seat had a left and right speaker thus giving adequate staging.
Most cars now come with rear and door speakers and so you would have a difficult time with time alignment.
Also you would probably have to go with a higher impedance speaker so that the volume would be attenuated by 50% or greater.
Cool idea and if you have an extra sets of seats, alot of spare time and cash to blow...why not give it a try? lol
Sounds like something we would spend too much time and effort at my shop to perfect for little results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts