Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my question how do you custom tune your car to run a set of twins at 8 psi of boost? I new here to the tuning stuff, so do you use a hand tuner or computer program? What is the best program/tuner for my car if I ran twins? I want to dump methanol/H2O at boost levels above 6psi. The fabbing stuff is easy but this tuning stuff you have to find something that will actually do what you want it to. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
two=fer

Ok, my question how do you custom tune your car to run a set of twins at 8 psi of boost? I new here to the tuning stuff, so do you use a hand tuner or computer program? What is the best program/tuner for my car if I ran twins? I want to dump methanol/H2O at boost levels above 6psi. The fabbing stuff is easy but this tuning stuff you have to find something that will actually do what you want it to. Thanks guys.
You'll need to dyno tune with CMR software. They'll use a O2 sensor to watch the a/f across a wide range of load/boost conditions. It is easily done, then you data log on the road and adjust for real world stuff.

Just a thought: Why twins when a great setup is available from PPP that works well? Got lots of development time, and the packaging is good, too. Plus the tune is already worked out.

I love the methanol squirt, in some applications it works better than an intercooler! WHERE it's put in is critical, due to our manifold design.

Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have two garrett 3582R turbo sitting in my garage. I just looked under the car and if I ditch the cats, there room for the turbos. The air tubes would be easy and same goes for the intercooler. I would just need small pieces like the bigger injectors and the custom tune. We have lots of chassis dyno around here so tuning is pretty easy. Just needed to find a program that would wake the old girl up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts