Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was on my way home when a nicely detailed 1999 white WS6 T/A decided that he wanted to play. The roads were busy so we were just cruising along the same route, but you could tell that he was just chompin at the bit to get a piece of my 300 SRT8- it was humorous actually. He was a manual and he kept holding each gear, eager for me to make a move. Eventually an opportunity for excessive acceleration opened up while we were running about 30- he shot through a gap at the top of first gear on a fairly long slightly uphill stretch. I left it in drive and romped it, admittedly at about the same time as I knew he was going to exploit this opportunity. Well, you know the rest. Hemi rules- overtaking him rapidly and pulling away hard (four to five car lengths by not quite the top of third) b4 I let off and braked. As they usually do, he went by me on the right offering a thumbs up- which was cool. The road went back to one lane for a bit and he motioned for me to follow him as he was taking a right so I did. He then led me on to some of the coolest twisty roads that I have been on since I was younger. He was flat hauling ass through these twisties and I stayed flat ON HIS ASS the entire time. I **** you not we were flat all out and there were numerous times that I was so deep into his ass I had to brake harder to keep from pushing him. I was amazed at the roadholding and the braking ability of my 300! Solid as a rock, especially for such a big car. HUGE FUN!!!! Mr white WS6 pulled off on the side (these are country roads in N. Atlanta) and we chatted a bit. Super nice guy. He was amazed that I stayed on his ass, he "actually thought that he would lose me through these curves- his favorite roads". When I told him that "that was awesome- I have never been on these roads before" he about fell out!! LOL In retrospect I realized that I had it in drive the entire time and I had ESP in the middle position (one push of the button). The transmission always had the right gear and the chassis and braking were absolutely superb. Amazing- the engineers have done well in my book. I will travel these roads again.

Today I had an interesting kill. I pulled up to a light next to a very clean, nice looking little black Mazda hatchback with nice wheels and fat tires. I have found myself using the autostick a good bit lately and we pulled away from the light. I took off normally and shifted into second as usual when I sensed (and heard) the little black Mazda getting on it- it sounded like a turbo. Had I been in drive it would have hit first but I just got on it it low in second gear and let it pull away from him. I casually went all the way to just about the top of second gear before shifting to third and letting off and realized that little booger was not nearly as far behind me as I thought he would be! I figured that he would be waaay back but he was only four or five car lengths behind! Pretty nice little car. I looked it up on the internet and it was a MazdaSpeed 3. It has some pretty good press- one article stating that it is the fastest front wheel drive and runs pretty even with the WRX. I had never seen one- I would imagine that he was surprised that this big 4door walked away from him- I was certainly surprised at how quick he was!.....

A fitting segue....as the little Mazda went on down the road sipping fuel I needed to feed the thirsty Hemi and drain my own fluids. As I pulled up to the light preparing to turn into the QT I noticed the everpresent halos darting from one lane to the next in order to get behind me. Rather than dusting another beemer my own need for pee overruled the need for speed and I turned into the QT. I had my sunroof open and heard him take off- surprised that it was a new 6 series with a very healthy sounding V8 romping on it- pissed that I had turned rather than playing with him. Must admit- I was disappointed as well. I emptied and filled and pulled back out when lo and behold- you guessed it....one mile down the road was Mr. beemer with blue lights behind him writing him a ticket. Someone was smiling on me!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Very..very nice write up JCS.......especially the ending! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love the story about the WS6 T/A. My husband has a 02 WS6 T/A and I tell him all the time that my car could take him. I have yet to go and prove it but I anxiously copied and pasted your story for him to read.

Can't wait to see his reply.

Ha ha just got his reply......

"Thats a cool story . Although the 99 TA dosent have nearly as much HP as the 02."

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
hows this then from the UK,the 1st car was a modded Puma,2nd car a BMW M3 convertible,the last car was a Nissan Skyline,last one was close but I had him,JUST.I had 3/4 tank of gas all the kids n wifes crap in the trunk and it was 80f mid morning.I was pleased i can tell you,I thought the skyline was gonna spank my ass.lol oh its a 5.7 not an SRT8

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
great storys JCS, im glad you were able to hang with the T/A so well!

i also missed the opportunity to play with a 6 series, i think it was a 645, much to the chagrin of my passengers, but that road wasnt the time or place for that. thankyfully you didnt play! the allure of those blue halos can really grab your attention and make you want to do battle, huh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts