Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know somebody (THAT THEY TRUST) to do a custom 2 toned leather job with embroidery near Los Angeles?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
totally. I saw that thread and contacted him. Cool guy, he gave me the guys numbers who he used. I will be contacting him as soon as mine comes in. I would love to see more photos of people who have custom work done to their leather. Anyone?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would think someone could make new seat covers, like I see them do all the time on Overhaulin. You could then switch them out, saving the OEM leather. If it doesn't work out, you can always put the OEM leather cover back on.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Whatever shop you use evaluate thier work on completed projects, lots of Jags, BMWs and other fancy imports filling the shop are a good clue. At least you are in LA with lots of choices, out here in the land of meat and potatoes I will have to search far and wide. Has NE1 thought about upgrading the carpet, wilton wool or MB velour comes to mind.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
.... Has NE1 thought about upgrading the carpet, wilton wool or MB velour comes to mind.
We put German square weave in all of our streetrods and swear by it. I think the light/dark gray subtle tweed would look awesome with the 2-tone interior. Now you got me thinking (and I was having such a nice morning too) I ought to try one of the floor mats and see how it would look... hmmm...

Actually, with the dark premium mats I don't notice the cheap carpet as much so I'm leaving it alone until it's a problem.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Yeah linda, I got those premium mats too, pretty nice. I also put that sticky parade of homes plastic carpet protector on the dead pedal, a little tacky (no pun intended) but only I can see it. I am going to put my winter weathertechs in this week over the mats to catch snow/slush the next few months. That German weave is pretty deluxe, i'll consider it if I decide to upgrade, I can use the existing mouse fur carpet as a template, that would give a very nice luxury touch at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, wheredja get those premium dark gray mats at? and for how much if you dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
kidcoastal said:
Hey guys, wheredja get those premium dark gray mats at? and for how much if you dont mind me asking?
Check out the vendor section below.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
aspendog said:
Most of the finish out is in the install. We do custom car interiors and have also installed Katskins, they are OK but not as nice as they could be. I am developing a kit for the C and when it is done you guys will know...
Cool, that's something to look forward to... hopefully your 'signature' won't be all over them though... I always think I ought to be paid if I'm doing someone else's adverteasing.
P.S. The C badge on the interior of the door is kinda cool

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What is Katskin's major malfunction? Every time I see one of their "Custom Upholstery" jobs its splatter with that hideous logo. Do these folks get a discount for this? Who do they think they are? Nike? :D

Even though this thread is old....

Kidcoastal there's a shop in the San Fernando Valley called "Nacho's Auto Upholstery" that did some work on my convertible top on my other car a while back. I got the feeling that they REALLY know what they are doing, and I saw some pretty impressive custom work being done in the shop at the time. Go have a look one day and get a feel for it. I'd imagine they have a portfolio of some of their work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts