Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere, I tried the search function and didn't find definitive answers. I'm new, and I haven't even introduced myself yet.

Having transmission issues. I have an '07 300 touring, and I'm having trouble finding out what kind of tranny I have. I have the slapstick, which I understand is a 5 speed. But cycling through the slapstick, it only goes up to the fourth gear. I've read that the slapstick automatically means I have the NAG1. I would just like some professional, or more experienced advice.

I've called two dealerships, and they seem to think I'm talking gibberish. Like I know too much. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have since been able to enter my vin on the Chrysler website, which without this forum, I wouldn't have known about. I have the NAG1. It is a V6, yes. My specifics says I have a WA580. Lord, please anybody tell me different, but I do believe this is the mercedes. I replaced the starter myself, have done extensive research, and I think I know what I've found. Other than my VIN matching, that's all I know.

I've learned SO MUCH from these forums, it's almost ridiculous. This has been a huge help. I was originally having problems with my trans shifting slow, hard, and sluggish upon warmup. With a filter and gasket changed, that helped a lot. But the leak was still there. It was from the electrical plug that goes into the trans. Known for the O-rings going out. I'm heading over to the DIY which I've also found from this forum. I have pics step by step, not by the dealership, but a shop I would give my arm and leg to. This can be deleted, I understand if it takes up invaluable space.

I just can't thank this forum enough. I would have spent literally THOUSANDS if I went to the dealership for this. End up about 200, for the flush and filter/gasket change, ended up being free for the plug change since they didn't correct it the first time. And I know several others have had this problem. I won't lie, I just joined this forum to ask a simple question. But I have learned a lot.

Being a 300 owner for about a year and a half now, I'd pay to be here. I love my car. As any 300 owner should. This will be a classic. I can't thank this site enough.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Glad you found the information. Did you get your build sheet. It will confirm all of your installed equipment and options. And, Yes, you can rely on the build list to fully list your vehicle's build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts