Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum & found that this website is really good. I currently have an '04 Grand Prix GTP with minimal mods & I am really leaning towards getting a 5.7 Hemi Dodge Charger when it comes out this summer. (I saw the Metallic Black color at the NAIAS & it looked great!)

My question is, what kind of quarter mile times are you guys getting in the 300 C & Hemi Magnum's? Thanks in advance.

On the Grand Prix site where I'm from we've got a top list of the faster Grand Prixs. I see that you guys have a couple stickies going already, that might be something you all could do. Here's a link below.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1433500&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1


Thanks again.

- Mike - :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant Black Hemi: Thanks! And you are totally right on, that is absolutely consistant. My '04 GTP's PCM (computer) sucks, and my quarter mile times can range from 14.7 - 14.14 and hit all stops in between. That is why I need an after market PCM from DHP (Digital Horsepower) soon to be out.

Code:
14.32, 14.33,, 14.34, 14.32, etc very consistent car.
:)

* Totally great & consistant times. Have people tried to improve on those stock times with either cold air induction kits or computer tuning?


Thanks

- Mike - :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I've done CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, but haven't run the car since the mods. I will in the Spring when the tracks open up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, but haven't run the car since the mods. I will in the Spring when the tracks open up.
Nice........ Here's to the high 13's! ;)


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Check this out!

I was in Ralph's yesterday and I seen a new issue of Road Test Mag. I looked at the 300C and let me remind yall that Car and Driver got 13.9 1/4 and 5.4 0-60. A lot people were saying the car wasnt capable of getting close to those times and that they brang in a ringer. Well road test got 14.1 1/4 and 5.6 0-60. I feel so proud.

They called my car a liar and a fake. I told them, is it my fault that Car & Driver and Road Test Mag. had similar conditions to pull off those times. The car is totally capable. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Still sounds like a ringer to me. The manufacturers want the best represenatation when the hotest speed rags test them. Most people believe these numbers and will think their car is capable of the same thing, when in fact it will not be. Show me a time slip from a stone stock C in the 13's and maybe I'll believe they are "capable".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Sub 14 second stock street cars are (almost) unheard of. It is simply wicked quick.

Check the published numbers on the 60s musclecars, very few could break the 14.0 barrier.

Even at 14 something, Cs are VERY quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
You could be right.

DennisG said:
Still sounds like a ringer to me. The manufacturers want the best represenatation when the hotest speed rags test them. Most people believe these numbers and will think their car is capable of the same thing, when in fact it will not be. Show me a time slip from a stone stock C in the 13's and maybe I'll believe they are "capable".
It makes a lot of sense and all. When I seen Car & Drivers numbers I thought my car can pull those numbers at the drop of a hate. Now it seems like I can't even get the hat off my head LOL.

One bad thing about reviews and mags. in any industry is that they get paid to say certain things. To get the public all happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
True that Boss!

CITADELGRAD87 said:
Sub 14 second stock street cars are (almost) unheard of. It is simply wicked quick.

Check the published numbers on the 60s musclecars, very few could break the 14.0 barrier.

Even at 14 something, Cs are VERY quick.
Both excellent points fellas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
I have seen 0-60 published test times on this car in magazines from 5.3 to 6.1. Have seen wide ranges on other cars over the years - like a G35. Nothing totally new. We all I guess want to believe the better numbers. In my head I pick a number in between. Also these guys testing are very experienced at it. Also I believe there is suppossed to be a full tank of gas. Maybe they play with that.

Hey Rob how do you like your exhaust and air intake. Whats the set up like. Are you happy with it. Does the car feel like it performs better. Decibals - is it a lot louder or just a little. Don't like too loud. How would it compare with say a 300M Special.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
rdmac said:
I have seen 0-60 published test times on this car in magazines from 5.3 to 6.1. Have seen wide ranges on other cars over the years - like a G35. Nothing totally new. We all I guess want to believe the better numbers. In my head I pick a number in between. Also these guys testing are very experienced at it. Also I believe there is suppossed to be a full tank of gas. Maybe they play with that.

Hey Rob how do you like your exhaust and air intake. Whats the set up like. Are you happy with it. Does the car feel like it performs better. Decibals - is it a lot louder or just a little. Don't like too loud. How would it compare with say a 300M Special.

Bob
I'm with you. Deep down inside, I know the magazine guys get a car the company KNOWS is going to be tested.

Plus, as other have observed, maybe MY car could do that, but I'm unwilling to do a 4,000 RPM dump into drive.

But I still like to think it might run a 13.9 on a cool day with the air off, knowhatImean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
CITADELGRAD87 said:
Sub 14 second stock street cars are (almost) unheard of.
I don't know whether you consider the STi a stock street car but...

Stock STis have/had people running 12.9s...

I've got one, and i'm closer to 11.5 now, but i've also put a lot of work into her...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Bob,

I love the sound of the exhaust. The intake is not really heard at all until you really get on it above half throttle. The car roars and hauls when you get on it. It's still somewhat quiet and reserved on cruise, but you can hear the MDS mode if you listen. If you radio is on at resonabale volume, you hear nothing at cruise. I really like the sound pulling away at lights with normal throttle. That's when I really enjoy the exhaust tone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Bob,

but you can hear the MDS mode if you listen.
That's a trip. Some say they can feel it or see it, but its interesting to know that you can hear the note change for sure when it switches over when you have the exhaust mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Sub 14 second stock cars have been around quite a while until lately. My '02 SS pulled 100% bone stock 13.25 @ 107.50, full weight and tank. Literally all '98-'02 LS1 F-bodies can do 13 second runs in stock form, but yet could be had used for as little as even $8000. In GMHTP magazine, a pro driver pulled a 12.98 with an '02 35th Edition SS in heat, no less.

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't many hard numbers for 300C owners actually pulling a couple of runs at the track. I'd like to see what can be done in various situations and factors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
joecool72 said:
Sub 14 second stock cars have been around quite a while until lately. My '02 SS pulled 100% bone stock 13.25 @ 107.50, full weight and tank. Literally all '98-'02 LS1 F-bodies can do 13 second runs in stock form, but yet could be had used for as little as even $8000. In GMHTP magazine, a pro driver pulled a 12.98 with an '02 35th Edition SS in heat, no less.

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't many hard numbers for 300C owners actually pulling a couple of runs at the track. I'd like to see what can be done in various situations and factors.
Yep; my 98 is running mid 11's now. I ran a 13.2 @ 106 when it was stock.

Still though, less than 1% of all cars on the road are sub 14 second cars so the original poster is technically correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
what is the cost of a running a 1/4 mile in a track plus will void your insurance yes the insurance not the warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
300CAWD said:
what is the cost of a running a 1/4 mile in a track plus will void your insurance yes the insurance not the warranty.
It doesn't void your insurance lol. You won't get insurance if you crash on the track..but it does not void your insurance. It will void the warrenty though.
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top