Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I’ve had a year 2006 300c diesel with the standard wheels and tyres. Smaller than the SRT model in diameter and probably higher side wall tyres. I covered 118,00 miles in that car and throughout its tyre changes the car made zero tyre noise.

About 8 months ago I got a beautiful year 2010 300c SRT diesel with the 20” x 245/45 tyres. It “sings” like a right bugger, I’m thinking from the tyres.
I changed the tyres for the lowest noise rating ones I could get but it still “sings”. Maybe less now.

Is this a “feature” common to these larger diameter tyres with the low profile on this car?

I’ve posted in this section because it’s not diesel specific I’m thinking.

Thank you for any input here.
Regards.
Rich.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Obviously, different brand/style tires will generate different sounds under different circumstances. A lower profile tire will not necessarily make more noise, but it will give you a harsher ride. Since you changed the tires and you still have the noise, have you checked anything else.....wheel bearings, drive shaft, differential, something rubbing somewhere, etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.