Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my journey home from work tonight, My TPMS warning came on and was showing that the left rear tyre pressure was low. The reading was 1.8, which I then slowed my speed down, as the nearest garage was less than 2mls away, and I thought I'd be able to make it there. But after about 1min, the warning light went off and my pressure went back to 2.7.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thoughts and comments please.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Sounds like a sensor glitch or the transceiver at that wheel was momentarily blocked by a foreign object, say a plastic bag or some such material.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll look out for the pressures over the next couple of days and see how things go. Hopefully this could be just a one off

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
You should be aware that there isn't a left rear transponder. Only three wheel locations are fitted with these and the left rear is deduced by a process of elimination. Another vehicle overtaking could have its left sensor providing a stronger signal to your right rear transponder. There have been other incidences of this happening, particularly when stopped at traffic lights.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You should be aware that there isn't a left rear transponder. Only three wheel locations are fitted with these and the left rear is deduced by a process of elimination. Another vehicle overtaking could have its left sensor providing a stronger signal to your right rear transponder. There have been other incidences of this happening, particularly when stopped at traffic lights.
Agreed.
i have no wheel sensors yet picked up all four pressures from a Dodge day-van i was tailgating in slow town traffic.

and he needed his pressures adjusting as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Mine was tracking 1.6 bars, after a 500 Arbarth followed me the same route before it turned to another lane but it took another good few miles before it returned to normal readings.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Not wishing to hijack this thread but my query is relevant.
I put on different wheels a few months ago and immediately got a TPMS warning. Both RH wheels showed pressure but the LH wheels showed --. At the weekend I swapped both left and right wheels and I got front left pressure and rear right pressure and dashes for front RH and rear LH.
My diagnosis is that only the front right sensor is faulty and due to no pickup on the left rear the magic rubber chicken can't work out the pressure even though the sensor is OK.
I'd welcome any advise as to whether I'm on the right track or should I consider something else. Rgds Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts