Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME THE CORRECT SIZE OF TYRE FOR MY 20 INCH STARTECH WHEELS. I CURRENTLY HAVE 275 x 35 x 20 ON THE REAR & 245 x 40 x 20 ON THE FRONT. WHEN I PURCHASED THE CAR THESE ARE THE SIZES THAT WERE ON. I BOUGHT THE CAR IN 2006 WITH ONLY 6000 MILES ON THE CLOCK FROM AN EX MAN UNITED & ENGLAND PLAYER, WHOM I ASSUME PURCHASED THE CAR WITH ALL THE STARTECH EXTRAS FITTED FROM NEW. MY PROBLEM IS, I HAVE NEVER LIKED THE WAY THE FRONT TYRE`S SIT ON THE RIMS AS THEY LOOK TOO SMALL FOR THE WHEEL & EXPOSES THE WHEEL RIM TO THE KERB (PAIN IN THE ASS). WHEN I HAVE CHECKED TO SEE IF I CAN FIT THE 275`S IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WOULD COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE SUSPENSION UPRIGHT AS THERE ONLY SEEMS TO BE AROUND 5-8mm CLEARANCE. WAS THIS NORMAL PRACTICE FROM THE DEALERS OR IS THERE A WAY OF FIXING WHEEL SPACERS TO THE VEHICLE TO ALLOW ME TO RUN 275`S ON THE FRONT.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
OEM tire size for a 20" wheel on a first generation car was 245/45R20.

I currently run 245/45 on the front & 275/40 on the rear with stock 20 x 9 wheels with no issues. My car is lowered as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is this a C or Srt8? This matters because the knuckles on each have slightly different spacing for their respective wheel fitments.

Do you have the specs of the wheels?

You can run up to a 6mm slip-on spacer on the stock studs. Most run a 3mm for various fitment reasons.

For the front, I am running 275/40/20 on the stock 20x9 25.5mm offset SRT wheels with no spacers needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts