Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Chrysler 300c 5.7.
20 over on the pistons, comp 230 cam 587/569 lift, eagle heads and long tube headers. Took the car to get tuned to start and keep car running. Ever since the car has been a problem! Here are the codes
Abs-u0002,u140e,c2202
TCM-u0002
Ecm-u0001,u0103,u1403,u1411,u110c,u110f,u110e,u0141,u1113. Car starts and drives with some transmission shift issues but will shutdown within 10-15 mins of driving... going crazy! Help?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Without knowing more about what steps you took to accommodate the Eagle heads, I'd start looking there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without knowing more about what steps you took to accommodate the Eagle heads, I'd start looking there.
I purchased them from a shop, 2013 charger along with the intake. Installed a set of beehive valve springs with appropriate spring seats and guide seals for a high lift cam.using stock factory head gaskets.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I purchased them from a shop, 2013 charger along with the intake. Installed a set of beehive valve springs with appropriate spring seats and guide seals for a high lift cam.using stock factory head gaskets.
I'm assuming you're aware that if you used stock head gaskets, you'll wind up at or close to 12:1 compression. Did the tuner take into account pump gas and so on?

How did you handle the EGR setup?

I don't think there's any way those issues could be responsible for everything you're seeing, though. After a head swap, with the wide array of DTCs you've got, I'd check to be absolutely sure the chassis grounds (especially the ones that attach to the heads) are tight and clean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming you're aware that if you used stock head gaskets, you'll wind up at or close to 12:1 compression. Did the tuner take into account pump gas and so on?

I don't think there's any way those issues could be responsible for everything you're seeing, though. After a head swap, with the wide array of DTCs you've got, I'd check to be absolutely sure the chassis grounds (especially the ones that attach to the heads) are tight and clean.
I agree with you on the choices of parts and combinations would be the cause of all those codes. I was giving an gist of what was done briar to these codes. I noticed the wiring harness was getting very hot from the long tube headers and figured maybe because of the heat the resistance was to high and lost signal between the modules. I raped the harness in some A/C duct metal tape just to see if that was the issue, now it starts then shuts down! This weekend I’m going back to the harness and see if I can get it to start and go from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

And yes the cr is 12:1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The EGR, the heads and the intake has no EGR ports.. the head is blocked off from factory and no port on the intake for EGR tube. The EGR connector is just sitting on top of alternator bracket.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The EGR, the heads and the intake has no EGR ports.. the head is blocked off from factory and no port on the intake for EGR tube. The EGR connector is just sitting on top of alternator bracket.
Sounds good. Can you ask the tuner (if you haven't already) to program for the EGR delete, to rule that out as a source of DTCs? Otherwise, you can try and research how to wire up a bypass for the connector.

·
Registered
791 Posts
A question.....do you have smog nazis where you live and, if so, do they do visual inspections? If so, and they know what they're looking at (the guy that looked at mine obviously didn't) , it could cause problems and a possible fine, depending on your state's emissions laws.. Although the best solution would be to shut the EGR off in the PCM, most custom tunering folks won't do it because, if they get caught, it could put them out of business. The old Diablosport and Superchips Tuners (circa about 2006-2009) would allow you to do this, until the Feds made them take it out. About the only way I know to shut it off now is with an HP Tuner. It also may be possible with the Appcar Diag FCA program. I don't think it would be easily possible to wire a bypass, as the PCM commands a number of different valve pintle positions depending on engine temperature, throttle opening and so on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good. Can you ask the tuner (if you haven't already) to program for the EGR delete, to rule that out as a source of DTCs? Otherwise, you can try and research how to wire up a bypass for the connector.
I have not ask the tuner to delete. I will ask Monday and I’ll look into the how to bypass the connector. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
U codes are communication codes the mechanical aspect of the build has nothing to do with any of it .the problem most likely lies in the tune if not done right all other modules will not communicate correctly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
U codes are communication codes the mechanical aspect of the build has nothing to do with any of it .the problem most likely lies in the tune if not done right all other modules will not communicate correctly
The aftermarket alarm isn’t acting right, it’s not arming when clicking the remote but it works the factory alarm.. I’m thinking the relay that is used to shut vehicles down is going in and out and killing communication? The build had nothing to do with issues, just describing what was done prior to issues. Thought it was the wiring harness getting too hot from the headers.. wrapped the harness, same condition.. running out of answers.. thanks for replying!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The aftermarket alarm isn’t acting right, it’s not arming when clicking the remote but it works the factory alarm.. I’m thinking the relay that is used to shut vehicles down is going in and out and killing communication? The build had nothing to do with issues, just describing what was done prior to issues. Thought it was the wiring harness getting too hot from the headers.. wrapped the harness, same condition.. running out of answers.. thanks for replying!
Ok so far I’m down to just two codes, P1644 and u0101. I wrap the wires with a heat shied to keep the heat from the harness. I also reset the tcm with a scanner but now the transmission is in limp mode😬 I tried to initialize it with the scanner and it was unsuccessful all 3x. Now I’m stuck in 1st gear with this as the definition of P1644 (P1644-INCORRECT VARIANT/CONFIGURATION) any ideas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts