Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Blackberry 8330 (curve) from verizon wireless will work correctly with the Uconnect, I have seen some sites say yes and other say no. If anyone has used this phone on their 2008 Uconnect systems please tell me. Thanks

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Does anyone know if the Blackberry 8330 (curve) from verizon wireless will work correctly with the Uconnect, I have seen some sites say yes and other say no. If anyone has used this phone on their 2008 Uconnect systems please tell me. Thanks
I can confirm it is 100% compatable. My world phone pairs with both my 2005 and 2008 Uconnect. Just make sure to go into your phone's Bluetooth device property options and select "Trusted" as "Yes" and it will pair automatically.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I should clarify the above. Once pairing is complete, then go into the phone options and it will connect automatically when you're in your car.

Bernie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply, the only concern I have is that on the Uconnect site it does not show any information that the blackberry curve is compatible with the system, and your blackberry is a slightly different model number from the curve. If anyone has any more answers please reply. Thanks for the help

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, the only concern I have is that on the Uconnect site it does not show any information that the blackberry curve is compatible with the system, and your blackberry is a slightly different model number from the curve. If anyone has any more answers please reply. Thanks for the help
My phone is still an 8830 and I think the only differences are it's got a QUERTY keyboard, world edition and no camera.

The Uconnect site is not all that up to date with their list of compatable phones. What I hightly recommend (bruno too) is to have your provider do a test pairing before you purchase it if you haven't yet done so.

EDIT: Sorry, I got your model number wrong at first glance. I just noticed you have an 8330 NOT 8830. I still recommend a test pairing if you haven't yet purchased it though.

Bernie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt really think about a test pairing, thanks for the idea. Thanks for all the help, it is very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I didnt really think about a test pairing, thanks for the idea. Thanks for all the help, it is very much appreciated.
Ha! This is the real bruno as mentioned above and yes, make the store clerk come out with the phone in question and make sure it pairs up before making your purchase.

Once paired up, have them call their own phone store using your UConnect and then have the store call the cell phone in the car to make sure you can hear the ring, see the incoming phone number on the EVIC, and that you can push the UConnect button to take the call.

bruno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts