Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems setting up U-Connect? I mean, I hit the 'phone' button in the car and nothing happens. Is there some length of time you are supposed to hold it? No 'ready' prompt or anything happens.

MODS: Please do not bury this in the huge sticky.

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you set up your phone and then "connected' it to the car? The instructions in the owners manual and phone manual need to be followed.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
jjs said:
Has anyone had problems setting up U-Connect? I mean, I hit the 'phone' button in the car and nothing happens. Is there some length of time you are supposed to hold it? No 'ready' prompt or anything happens.

MODS: Please do not bury this in the huge sticky.

Thanks!
jjs what phone are you using? It sounds as if your set-up didn't complete or the phone is incompatible. There is no need to hold the Uconnect button, a simple press will do. I suggest you try the set-up procedure again and see if that helps. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Motorola V551, shown on the Chrysler U-Connect site as compatible...phone is in full Bluetooth mode. Problem is, I get no prompt, no ready beep, nothing when I hit the 'phone' button on the mirror. Placed a call to my service guy...waiting to see if there is something 'easy' they can do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like the uconnect system isn't even hooked up if you don't get the voice prompts when you press the button

·
Registered
27 Posts
HaTaX said:
Sounds like the uconnect system isn't even hooked up if you don't get the voice prompts when you press the button
Definitely. The voice should ask you what command you want to complete even if your phone is not yet linked.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just checking, have you just turned bluetooth on, or did you actually go through the new setup procedure and add the new device on the phone?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a dealer...they looked into it but don't know what is the problem. I didn't have time today for them to tear crap apart so they are going to contact Chrysler engineers to find out if it can be diagnosed easily.

For those who have asked...

I have tried EVERYTHING...holding the button down, quickly pressing it, turning radio on/off/on, etc., etc., etc. The problem is that I can't even get the ready prompt, let alone go into any setup process...like the U-Connect 'power' button doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gee thanks... ;)

I know that, but I am wondering which part is...the button on the mirror, bad wiring, the head unit itself, other....

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
jjs said:
Gee thanks... ;)

I know that, but I am wondering which part is...the button on the mirror, bad wiring, the head unit itself, other....
Just a thought, but might be helluva lot less hassle to have the phone checked out BEFORE the car!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, but his system won't even say "Ready" when he presses the U-Connect button.. It should at least do that with or without a phone

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
HaTaX said:
Yeah, but his system won't even say "Ready" when he presses the U-Connect button.. It should at least do that with or without a phone
Yep, you're right.... fresh outta thoughts now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Once the button is pressed, if you have the nav option, the screen should change and icons should appear. If you see that, then it is working but the sound is off for some reason.

Usually in a situation like this, it's not something exotic. It's probably a bad plug connection or something as simple as bad switch (mirror swap).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts