Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U Connect is making me crazy!!!

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300C Luxury. I bought it last year in September. It had been a corporate car and to date only has 25,000 miles. Until about 3 weeks ago, Voice Recognition, Hands Free, and making calls using my Bluetooth paired phone worked perfectly. However, recently I'm having the following issue with my 8.4 N U Connect system, which by what I've seen on the Internet is not uncommon:

1) The phone pairs with the U Connect system and appears to be working fine. However, I hear nothing when the call is dialing. I used to hear the other line ring.

2) If the other party answers, I don't have a clue when connected to Bluetooth because I can't hear them and they can't hear me!

3) Voice Recognition is not working at all - not in radio mode or USB "Play the Song....", not in Navigation "Navigate to ...", not in phone mode "Call ..." It seems as though it can't "hear" me and I've tried talking loud, talking normal, talking softly, car running, car in AC mode, with the air on and the air off. VR has stopped responding!

4) Last year when I first bought the car I forked out $149 and updated the Navigation system. I also updated the U Connect, which was required prior to updating the Navigation system.

5) Yesterday, I downloaded the latest U Connect update (01-2017) and installed it this morning, AND I also downloaded the Garmin update from the U Connect site and installed it this morning. NO DICE! DIDN'T FIX THE ISSUE!

6) Yes, I've tried to do the "soft reset." I actually tried it last night and this morning after updating everything.

7) I've uninstalled the previous phone I had and tried reinstalling it (A Samsung Note 4, which is on the U Connect list of compatible phones.) Didn't work.

8) Last night I upgraded my phone to the Samsung S8 Plus. It paired right up and the U Connect system has zero problems playing any song on my phone via the Bluetooth connection. However, the phone call issue and Voice Recognition issues persist. I've checked all settings on phone and U Connect and everything "looks" right as rain.

9) I called the dealership this morning and they're playing dumb like they have no clue what it could be, this never happens.

So, my question is:

Has anybody else had this connectivity / failure to recognize VR / placing and receiving calls via Bluetooth problem? And, if so, what's the fix? Because I've tried everything I know to do. And, yes, I bought the Mack-Daddy of all extended warranties, so the dealership is on the hook for this fix, but y'all know as well as I do, you have to tell them folks what's wrong or they'll just keep you coming back again and again and doing useless things to your car. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
The OP hasn’t been on for 3 years...doubt he will respond to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
You never know - even though he hasn't checked in the forum for years, he might get the thread update email and hopefully respond.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
I'm having the no-audio on phone calls issue - So what did the dealer do to fix this issue?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
ChryslerCares
First, I am very impressed that Chrysler is still monitoring this forum and jumping in to offer help - thank you!

I do have a visit setup with my dealer, but I'd rather wait and see if they can fix the issue on the first visit instead of opening a case right now because I don't know how they would feel having chrysler customer service looking over their shoulder for a first visit.

However, if they can not fix the issue on the first visit, then I would like to take you up on your offer for help :)

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
First, I am very impressed that Chrysler is still monitoring this forum and jumping in to offer help - thank you!

I do have a visit setup with my dealer, but I'd rather wait and see if they can fix the issue on the first visit instead of opening a case right now because I don't know how they would feel having chrysler customer service looking over their shoulder for a first visit.

However, if they can not fix the issue on the first visit, then I would like to take you up on your offer for help :)
Sounds good! Please keep me updated.

Alison
ChryslerCares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts