Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a Chrysler 300C 2014 with Uconnect 8.4N where car previous owner tried to update Garmin Nav and after that navigation system isn't really usable anymore cose the screen is glitched. I don't really know what he's done to navigation...I will attache some pics and may be somebody can help me out with some solution to that problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It looks like they might have tried to update the maps either with a wrong language/region, or just messed up the update using the correct language/region.

You can try redoing the update using these instructions and keep your fingers crossed:

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
Hello,

I bought a Chrysler 300C 2014 with Uconnect 8.4N where car previous owner tried to update Garmin Nav and after that navigation system isn't really usable anymore cose the screen is glitched. I don't really know what he's done to navigation...I will attache some pics and may be somebody can help me out with some solution to that problem. View attachment 175252 View attachment 175253 View attachment 175254 View attachment 175255
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
ChryslerCares
Unfortunately there is no any Chrysler dealership in my country so I’m gonna have to deal with it by myself.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If I'm right from your flag you're in Estonia (apologies if I'm wrong on that). We don't have Chrysler dealers in UK anymore unfortunately, service is now though FIAT. You might try them if needed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you are right, I’m from Estonia. We don’t have Chrysler dealership at all unfortunately and even Fiat doesn’t help either with Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
if the person at Chrysler Cares can possible tell you the name of the files you need then you can update your navi yourself from Garmin. The files at Garmen are not the same files that came in the car back in 2013. One file is different but if he or she is willing to part with a little info about this one different file you could be back up in a hour or less. You will still need a Nuvi from Garmen and the maps for your area of the world..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Does anybody know is it possible to copy garmin files from the unit to lets say USB drive? The Garmin “file manager” in the hidden menu gives error when I try to copy any file to USB stick and I noticed that there are some duplicate files like: gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img...I think that may be that’s the reason why screen is defective, because of the duplicate files in devices memory. And also I wanted to make a backup of CTP15 file gupdate.gcd befory I try any changes but file manager doesn’t allow me to copy or delete any files..

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I just came across this in my email go to this link it's from Chrysler and the disk is on sale for a factory disk for $99 us. If you don't own a Garman Nuvi this is the quickest way to get up and running and the cheapest.. Navigation Map Updates | HERE
find the country you need and order the disk, also you should be able to call them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn’t recognize my unit id on this link. I will try to contact customer support.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
It doesn’t recognize my unit id on this link. I will try to contact customer support.

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChryslerCares, you said that before :) and I answered that we don’t have Chrysler dealership in our country!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts