Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of mentions here about this problem/symptom, but no solutions, so I thought I'd ask again...

I have a 2005 300C with a UCONNECT that will not work. Sometimes, pushing the UCONNECT button does absolutely nothing. Other times, no matter what, every time I press the button, the screen would just say "Voice ON" and then switch to the QUESTION MARK(HELP) box and then just go back to the nav menu. No beep, no voice...nothing.

This has been broken about 1 year. I took it into the dealer last year and they replaced the mirror (so they said), and as I was driving off the lot, I tried it and it was still broken. Apparently, they don't bother to actually test anything. Being a low priority, I never took it back.

Now, in California, we have a hands-free law that goes into affect next month. I would like to get this fixed, and if there is a way to fix it without going to the dealer, I'd like to try that.

I have tried removing the fuse mentioned in the TSB. It didn't fix the problem, and I lost all my personal settings and radio settings. I'd prefer to not lose those again by trying the fuse.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks for any info or help.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
head up to the Beach Burger Meet in huntington Beach Ca and I can check it with my Star Scan for you..

Might also hit up my buddy Mike L @ Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido he'll fix you right up if driving into O.C. is to far..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my commander. I can use it to a point.. well sometimes where i can dial with the phone and have the uconnect broadcast it on the speaker but the people can hear me.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I had the same problem happened to me twice. It's called uconnect coma. I think there is a flash update that will fix the bug. Or,
Try this, it works for me:
A) Disconnect the battery for about a minute. or
B) Remove the glovebox. The Uconnect module is on the right hand side above the kick panel. Gently pull the connector out, cycle the igniton key, shut off. Re-insert the connector. Turn on ignition- your uconnect should have reset itself. You will not lose your stored phone munbers doing this.
vyper883

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
There was a TSB in 2005 for this issue and I had to get it done right off the bat when I got my car. Apparently it was some kind of open circuit condition thing. The UConnect number I called just said to hold both buttons at the same time to reset it and that didn't work either. In the end they replaced the hands free module and I haven't had a problem since.

I should say also that there've been a few cases where the module wasn't fully plugged in as well. If you decide to check that it's behind the glove box and you'll need to remove that.

Bernie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about not getting back to your responses...for some reason, I'm not getting emails from 300Cforums when someone replies...better check my settings!

In any case, in response to your responses--

@ Mr. Incredible--Thanks for the offers of assistance. Yes, HB is a bit too far, but a suppose the wife and me could make a weekend of it...must be some nice beachfront hotels there, right? Or, your buddy Mike sounds like a good plan too.

@vyper883 and Rambit--I was told by my dealer, last year when they "fixed" it, that the whole UC is integrated in the mirror, which is why they replaced the whole mirror. Obviously, if there is a module behind the glovebox, those idiots don't know sh*t from shinola. Now, I have to find how to remove the glovebox. No chance of just "reaching behind it"?

I'm going to try to get to the module behind the glovebox and try that. If not, it might be a road trip to HB! :biggrin:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, I got adventurous this morning after successfully replacing the joystick on my Navigation system yesterday (even changed the shaft to the longer one!). I'm so proud of myself!

In any case, I removed the glovebox this morning and found the black box.

I tried unplugging it and cycling the ignition and then plugging it back in.

Nothing. No change. The UConnect buttons on the mirror did nothing.

I unplugged the two connectors on the back of the mirror, and plugged them back in. Pushed the UC button and got the unit to switch to UC, but nothing. No sounds, no prompting, no text. Just the UC screen. After about 10 seconds, it switched back to radio mode.

I tried the whole thing again, but same response (or lack thereof).

Could be a bad module? I think not, since it responds differently each time, but who knows.

I did a little research, and the part number(s) is 5064-013AH for the black box. But there is an updated part number 5064-013AV.
Does this updated part number work in a 2005 300C also?

Thanks for all your help. Gotta figure out what to try next.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
yes the update works on the 2005, that is the module I have (I added the u-connect after the fact, car did not come with it)...

course then I replaced the whole damn sound system so that was a complete waste..

I suggest you hit up Mike if you are still on a warranty or service contract..

·
Registered
469 Posts
i fixed my u-connect by taking out the IFR fuse for about 5-10 seconds (located in the trunk) & putting it back in.

5 days without problems now

the other procedures listed in the thread seem unnecessary

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes the update works on the 2005, that is the module I have (I added the u-connect after the fact, car did not come with it)...

course then I replaced the whole damn sound system so that was a complete waste..

I suggest you hit up Mike if you are still on a warranty or service contract..
It's not under warranty anymore. I'd just buy the module, but most dealers won't take it back if that doesn't fix it.

You still have your module and want to get rid of it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i fixed my u-connect by taking out the IFR fuse for about 5-10 seconds (located in the trunk) & putting it back in.

5 days without problems now

the other procedures listed in the thread seem unnecessary
I tried that a while back. Not only did I lose all my personal settings (car and stereo) but it didn't fix the problem. I'm leery of trying it again.
I would guess completely disconnecting the UC black box module is equivalent, but I don't lose all my car settings..(which, I have tried, and it didn't fix it either).

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
It's not under warranty anymore. I'd just buy the module, but most dealers won't take it back if that doesn't fix it.

You still have your module and want to get rid of it?

I would but I gave it to Pac-Audio so they could use it to get the data off it to integrate the u-connect into aftermarket headunits..

however, if you are ever up this way we can plug it in and test it and if it works, then you would for sure know if yours is dead..

I also have a star scan so I can plug your car in and see if there are any updates for it that might clear up the issue for you..

I don't charge for doing that.. so if you are game to head up to beach burger (bravo burger on your GPS) in Huntington Beach on Aug 1 from 6pm - 11pm for the Socal M&G I'll grab the unit from Pac to test in your car..

Marc-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you ever resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue and have reset the system by pulling the #1 fuse. It didn't resolve the problem. Usually when I push the phone button, nothing happens, but sometimes the radio display will show it went to phone mode, but no voice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you ever resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue and have reset the system by pulling the #1 fuse. It didn't resolve the problem. Usually when I push the phone button, nothing happens, but sometimes the radio display will show it went to phone mode, but no voice.
Nope. I do not believe that it is fixable without replacing the box. As such, I have chosen to live without it. At least yours lasted a couple years longer than mine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with the UConnect in my 2006 300 Limited

Before the problem started, I went to the Chrysler dealership and they said I need a computer update so they did the update. Afterwards, UConnect worked but my BlackBerry did not connect to it and it was not allowing me to add any more phones. A week later after that, the UConnect will not turn on at all by pressing the button on the rear view mirror.

Could the update they did to my car have messed up the UConnect module? Maybe some compatibility issues? Anyone else have these problems?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts