Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
421 - 428 of 428 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 · (Edited)
Does anybody know where I might make suggestions? My 2020 radio is much less buggy than my 2012 was. But the new, stupid, designed-in "features" are driving me crazy. Let me start another list. :D
  1. Touchscreen turns off when you turn off audio. My 2012 showed an Audio Off screen and it stayed on so you could still use it.
  2. All Songs menu item makes Folder browse mode useless (equivalent only to the songs in a folder (artist or album, depending upon folder). Browsing all the way down to an actual track name and playing that results in playing only 1 song! Dumb dumb dumb.
  3. All Songs refers to an alphabetized list of playable filenames, including a track number if any. This is a flat list and no longer includes paths to folders (which are hidden) as my 2012 did.
  4. Media player button removed from the vertical list of AM/FM/SiriusXM/Media. (Now, according to my 2020 radio, all of those different inputs are "Media".) The 3 radio buttons still work as with my 2012, but the Media button has been replaced with an input select for Bluetooth, Aux, USB1, and USB2, on a pop-up window. This makes it impossible to just hit the Media button and have it go back to the last input you were using. You have to select input, press on the input you want, and then press the select button again to make the pop-up menu go away. This is inconvenient to the point of being unsafe IMHO.
  5. USB media are now scanned every time you start the car. My 2012 didn't re-scan if the USB drive had no changes. Rescanning takes a long time and prevents you from getting out of the very limited folder you were on when you shut down,
  6. The VR system has no "play all songs" option to easily get out of the limited list of songs in the folder you are in. In the worst case scenario, you start the car, wait until the browse button is available, scroll down to All Songs, and finally select it. On my 2012, I could just hit Browse, and then press the Select button until something started playing. It automatically went into All Songs mode.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 · (Edited)
I have developed a workaround to #3 above, should anybody else want to go into and out of shuffle mode as I did easily with my 2012. If you create a playlist, even very long one, then you can go into and out of shuffle as often as you want. It does not get stuck in alphabetical order according to filenames..

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 · (Edited)
I found a new bug. I have ordered my folders as follows:
  1. Genre
  2. Artist
  3. Album
  4. Disk 1, 2... should it be a multi-disk set
  5. Track name.
My favorite genre had 2340 MP3 files in 914 folders. Only 2129 MP3 files show up in the radio. I did not count the number of folders. But all my my most recent artist additions are missing. I cannot address those artists via VR, nor do they show in folder browse mode.

I have removed a different genre folder with 133 folders and 341 files, and that seems to have fixed the problem in the remaining genre folder. There is some rather modest limitation in either files or folders.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
We saw a large number of hands-free module failures in our 2nd gen cars. My 2012 failed twice! The symptom is either a completely greyed out Phone button, or else failure to pair to any phone.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
I have removed a different genre folder with 133 folders and 341 files, and that seems to have fixed the problem in the remaining genre folder. There is some rather modest limitation in either files or folders.
I was wrong about the above. Removing the other genre folder did not fix the problem on my biggest folder. There are still folders that do not show up unless I delete some folders from that big one. My 2012 did not have this issue.

I used the email on DriveUconnect.com to inform Chrysler of this ridiculously low limit on folders (200?) beyond which new folders don't show up. US Customer Care replied saying it was either my USB drive or my folder structure that was at fault. She suggested I get rid of all folders and throw all my MP3's into the root directory!

I was nice and explained why neither my USB drive nor my folder structure is a problem. I requested that she forward my bug report to Uconnect radio developers. We'll see if she is responsive. If anybody knows how I can contact the Uconnect developers directly, I would be happy to do so.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
Just thought I'd update my sorry experience with what Chrysler euphemistically calls "customer care". They don't. :cry:

I have been going around and around with the same CC agent. She won't budge, and won't submit a bug report, and won't put me in contact with the developers of our radio, no matter how much I explained to her this is an advertised feature of all Uconnect radios, playing music off a USB drive is no problem for other car manufacturers, nor was it a problem for my 2012! This is about the 6th response to my repeated emails.

8 folder and 250 song per usb drive these are the best practices to make a plug and play device work properly given the fact it is a plug and play third party usb there is no way to guarantee the dependability or quality of the usb to make it work with th e uconnect system since it is not a chrysler product we can no guarantee it will work properly with the system there is no way to change this.

Best regards
(Name withheld to protect the guilty.)
Any ideas how to work around CC and get this addressed? The Uconnect developers broke a feature that was working before, and I cannot reach them. The ridiculously low limits she cited above are clearly wrong. My biggest genre folder has 220 folders, and it already can find and play more than 2100 songs. The only way I can get new folders to show up is to delete others I don't want to delete.

421 - 428 of 428 Posts