Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody I speak to can hear a damn thing when I use this feature. I'm very nearly shouting on my end, and it comes across like a whisper. Meanwhile, I can hear them fine.

I read in an old thread I found to make sue that the rearview mirror is pulled down from the headliner, so that the mic has clearance. Check. No improvement.

Sending it to the dealer this week to see if my microphone is bad -- any other suggestions?

Car is an '06 SRT8, I bought as new car leftover last October.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ive had no issues. sometimes if i answer too quickly, it doesnt pick it up, and i need to say 'hello' again, but other than that, aside from people knowing they are on speaker phone, it doesnt seem to be an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I use a pair of Sony Bluetooth earbuds when I want to talk hands free :)

(and everyone comments on how clear they are) I was kind of bummed out I didn't have U Connect but maybe now I will just install the back up system as I'd rather have that :)

Reactions: gnecop

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a similar problem, it's not that people can't hear me... I can't hear the caller on the line. I have the phone's internal volume to the max, and the UConnect is cranked all the way up. But I still have to turn off the climate control and drive lightly. Even the rev of the engine can drown out a caller.

Is there a way to increase the UConnect volume beyond what it can do out of the box?

- Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a similar problem, it's not that people can't hear me... I can't hear the caller on the line. I have the phone's internal volume to the max, and the UConnect is cranked all the way up. But I still have to turn off the climate control and drive lightly. Even the rev of the engine can drown out a caller.

Is there a way to increase the UConnect volume beyond what it can do out of the box?

- Mike
Wow. On mine, the radio volume knob can make the incoming caller's voice VERY loud.

Looks like these units are not very consistent.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have absolutely no problems with my Uconnect. People say I sound like I am on speakerphone but they can hear me loud and clear. In fact, I think its one of the most useful options on the car. Have any of you tried different phones? Maybe the problem is with your phone, you can pair up to eight phones on the Uconnect system. Since bluetooth is fairly common on most phones now, it might be worth a shot to eliminate the phone as the problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Big Ed,

Please post the results of your trip to the dealer. I've had first hand experience with U-Connect in three different cars - my 06 300C AWD, my wife's Grand Cherokee and now in my 06 CSRT. It worked great in the first two vehicles, but sux in my CSRT. It misrecognizes CALL and DIAL, seldom recognizes entries in the phone book and people complain that they can't hear me unless I lean close to the mirror. I've about concluded that its got a bad microphone and was about to schedule a trip to the dealer, but I suspect that this is just a chance to waste a half day of my time.

-david

·
Registered
639 Posts
Never had a problem with mine. Works great. Love it. Nokia Phones.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
We had U-connect OEM in the 300C, and I added the module to the MSRT8 because it worked so good. We have Motorola phones and have had no issues. The only time we have somewhat of a problem is when we and the other party try to talk too rapidly or at the same time. I think the Bluetooth has a problem with the cross-talk at those times, but otherwise we not had any trouble with people hearing us, or we hearing them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine works flawlessly. Everyone hears me fine, it connects fine and automatically the minute I enter the vehicle with my phone in the pocket. I only wish the answer/hang up u-connect button was on the steering wheel, and not on the right side of the deck.

Oh and as far as phones go, I've used from Sprint:

HTC
BlackBerry
LG
Motorola
Samsung
Sanyo

and all have worked 100%

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
No problem with my Uconnect system at all. I actually made my Sprint salesperson come out to my car and pair up my new Samsung phone to make sure it worked properly in all situations. He knew it would be an immediate return if it failed.

Not all bluetooth phones are compatible with Uconnect. Members need to check the Chrysler Uconnect link below for acceptable phones.

http://www.chrysler.com/crossbrand/uconnect/chrysler/interface.html

bruno

·
Registered
88 Posts
No issues with ours. It just sounds like you are on speakerphone. The only problem I see with it is that my wife calls me on her way home and the turn signal noise comes across real loud and radio and other things are amplified. It's ok though. I'd rather have her talk on that than try to hold the phone to her ear......

·
Registered
333 Posts
Only had one problem with mine... It died after ~2 years. It was replaced under warrenty by the manufacturer of the unit (not DC, but dealership did the re-install).

While talking to them (can't remember their name), I gave them feedback about the unit all of which looks like it went into the MyGIG version of U-Connect. :)

Some people complain that I'm a bit "loud" on the phone. I often have to turn-down the volume for the U-Connect.

Try listening to your phonebook play-back ("List Entries"). If your play-backs sound weak, then you'll sound back over the phone too!

I have AT&T (was Cingular) and a Moto Razor and before that a Moto V600 and a Nokia something. All worked fine.

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've not had any problems at all with UConnect, on my 05 300C, 08 300C AWD, 04 Pacifica AWD and 07 Pacific AWD.

Bluetooth systems can vary quite a bit because of implementation, I've found that RIM, Nokia and SonyEricsson phones work the best with UConnect, Motorola varies quite a bit.

I've heard myself by recording my call on the other end, it's like most speakerphones. Most of the people I call don't even know I'm in a car unless I've got my windows down or moonroof open.

With my current Nokia N95, it's fantastic, I get the signal strength indicator, battery level and even the ring tone plays through UConnect which is great because the phone announces the name of the caller.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
No problems with my uconnect..I'm happy with it

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
No issues with ours. It just sounds like you are on speakerphone. The only problem I see with it is that my wife calls me on her way home and the turn signal noise comes across real loud and radio and other things are amplified. It's ok though. I'd rather have her talk on that than try to hold the phone to her ear......
Your radio continues to play when the phone is in use? My radio automatically mutes when a call comes in or I make an outgoing call.

I have had two recurring problems.

The first isn't really a problem per se, when a call comes in the system announces "Incoming call. Please press the UConnect button to answer." Well, that cuts off the incoming call because it has somehow already automatically answered the call. All I have to do is say "Hello".

The second is a voice recognition problem. When calling my wife I say "Call", "Judy", "Home", "Work", or "Mobile" in response to its prompts, and it sometimes connects me to "Paul" another name on my caller list. I have to hit the UConnect button to kill the call and do another outgoing call. How it comes up with Paul from Judy beats me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
uconnect

Interesting-tried mine with both a motorola and a sony ericcson and the people on the other side kept complaining that I should turn it off so they could understand me better. The SRT picks up a lot of road noise on tar/gravel roads and this, plus the poor audio resulted in my turning if off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts