Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Tried to setup the bluetooth in my boss's 300C today. Tried to pair a iPhone to the car. Went through the steps as in the manual. Well I didn't even get that far.

I press the uConnect button on the rear view mirror, and it's supposed to "beep" and say "READY", but it didn't even do that much. No matter what, every time I pressed the button, the screen would just say "Voice ON" and then switch to the QUESTION MARK(HELP) box and then just go back to the nav menu.

I tried resetting the uConnect by simultaneously pressing both the uConnect and Voice button down for 15seconds, but that didn't do anything either. No beep, no change on the screen, nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on this? The car is an 05 btw.

Thanks in advance all!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm assuming the phone you're trying to pair is listed as one that's compatable with UConnect. You should also know it may be a bad hands free module. Mine's an 05 too and I had to get mine replaced.

You can try to reset the UConnect by holding both buttons. There's also a few TSB's out for open circuit conditions. You'll most likely have to pay for that if necessary because in all likelyhood you're out of warranty unless you have an extended one.

Just know that there were problems with the 05's. Let us know how it works out.

Bernie

·
Registered
153 Posts
monday bump
Hey Nocturnal,

I am having the EXACT SAME problem and symptoms (press button. No beep, just VOICE ON in display, then HELP (?) and then VOICE ON again, then nothing). Did you ever find out how to fix yours?

With the new CA handsfree law starting July 01, I am needing to get something working!

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having the same issue as yours. Did you ever solve it?

Note: I solved mine by replacing the Uconnect computer, purchased used on Ebay for about $75.00.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have a 06 and have the same issue,same little diffrent.on the mirror i press the phone button or the face talk button and nothing happens..no beeps,tones,text on screen or anything..doesnt matter how i press it nothing happens..any guess's?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I never got it working. I looked into the cost of a replacement uconnect unit, and decided it wasn't worth it.
Although it was convenient, the call quality isn't as good as just using a good BT headset, so that's where I'm at.
I miss the auto-mute function and the call ID on the NAV screen, but making do.

If anyone figures it out (not just replacing the unit) please share it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts