Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. Finally took the step and "Un" lambo'd my car today. I am in the process right now of taking a few different steps with my car. All of the crazy stuff that was done to it was and still is fun, but I may start driving the car again (was never at home and my painter has driven it ALOT more than me this year). So this is my first step to making my car a little bit more practical for everyday use.

Background info: I bought the JT Autostyle lambo's close the three years ago and this was the hottest thing out at the time. I was torn between suicide doors and lambo's, and the price difference is what determined the result. Anyone in the market for lambo's, I can highly recommend the JT's.

Had alot of fun "Throwing the doors up" through the years, and I could deal with it no problem today, but there are different people that may need to use the car in the future and know nothing about them and do not want to have anything to do with it (mom).

Anyway, the un-install went great. Hadnt pulled the front bumper off in a while, but torn the front end off, switched the hinges and put everything back together in 2 hours flat. I was pretty impressed.

I probably am the only person to think that this is a mod, but when you become accustom to something for so long, it is very different and requires getting used to when you make a change.

The next step is to take the air suspension off. I got a great deal on some Eibach's and they have already arrived, so my "air" man will be back in town next weekend, and that is when the next step will happen. I am sure that I am going to miss the awesome ride (compared to 22's with lowering springs),but again, this is one of those situations if I were to let a friend or even my mother drive the car, chances are that no matter how much I train them in airing the bags up or whatever, they will forget and I keep invisioning running 70mph down the highway and someone accidentaly hitting the button to drop the whole car. So that is next.

Everything else is pretty cool, I am going to buy a set of hid's for the lows and fogs and add them this week (hidgate.....omg these are cheap). I have had hid's in every car, and had them in this car, but it flickered so bad I threw them away, but I am getting the cord to stop the flickering as well.

Anyway, I was just wanting to update everyone on what is going on with the ride and let everyone know that I am not going crazy for selling the bags or whatever. I have my reasoning and this is the result of it.

Thanks for letting me chat about my day:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, let me add a question to this: What is your opinion, should I get 6000k or 8000k hid's? I had 6000k and it looked awesome, however I see that alot of people are running the 8000k. Any opinions?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be perfectly honest, unless it comes on a real lambo.......no. For me it wasnt that bad. The downside to this is that you can only open your door about halfway as stock, which isnt that bad because I had no problems getting in and out (and I am a big fellow). It is fun with the occasional "throwing up" of the door, but the worst part is when you let people that dont know anything about them (like friends, going on a date, or the occasion drunk sorority girl) who thinks it is cool to put the door in the air, but thinks that you squeeze the door into the car to shut it(to open the doors you go out, then up or down, then in). That problem is when you get into fender and paint issues. An example was, I was at a party and there was alot of drinking going on, and the birthday girl was wasted and doing stupid stuff. I left the car unlocked and she took her friends over to see the doors. Well that is fine and dandy, but what got my attention was the loud "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG". I didnt know what was going on, and when I got to the noise, I noticed that she was slamming my door (when in the upright position) into pretty much the top of my car time after time. Now that is just what happens when you get complete idiots dealing with it. I cannot comprehend how people think that you smash a door in to get it to close when you just did the correct motion (out then up) to open the door.

Anyway, I have enjoyed the lambo's and am glad that i did it. Still to this day it brings shock and awe anytime that I do it, but different circumstances call for different measures. My mom and sister drive suv's and since I dont drive the car, I am going to let them use it to go around town. As bad as I hate to say it, I think that both of them would severely damage my car (some how) by driving with airbags and lambo's. That is my reasoning with this.

Sorry for the long answer. But I hope it answers your question.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Are you selling your air ride?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am, however I have a deal pending with DMC. There is a big waiting list to see what happens, but for some crazy reason if the deal were to fall through, then I would pm everyone with a first come first serve basis.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You selling the vertical hinges?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am selling the hinges as well, however I have a deal pending with a local here in North Carolina. This is the one that is questionable to me though, but if I do not receive payment by them by Wednesday then I am definitely up to sell them to a forum member. PM Me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
To be perfectly honest, unless it comes on a real lambo.......no. For me it wasnt that bad. The downside to this is that you can only open your door about halfway as stock, which isnt that bad because I had no problems getting in and out (and I am a big fellow). It is fun with the occasional "throwing up" of the door, but the worst part is when you let people that dont know anything about them (like friends, going on a date, or the occasion drunk sorority girl) who thinks it is cool to put the door in the air, but thinks that you squeeze the door into the car to shut it(to open the doors you go out, then up or down, then in). That problem is when you get into fender and paint issues. An example was, I was at a party and there was alot of drinking going on, and the birthday girl was wasted and doing stupid stuff. I left the car unlocked and she took her friends over to see the doors. Well that is fine and dandy, but what got my attention was the loud "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG". I didnt know what was going on, and when I got to the noise, I noticed that she was slamming my door (when in the upright position) into pretty much the top of my car time after time. Now that is just what happens when you get complete idiots dealing with it. I cannot comprehend how people think that you smash a door in to get it to close when you just did the correct motion (out then up) to open the door.

Anyway, I have enjoyed the lambo's and am glad that i did it. Still to this day it brings shock and awe anytime that I do it, but different circumstances call for different measures. My mom and sister drive suv's and since I dont drive the car, I am going to let them use it to go around town. As bad as I hate to say it, I think that both of them would severely damage my car (some how) by driving with airbags and lambo's. That is my reasoning with this.

Sorry for the long answer. But I hope it answers your question.
Thanks for that as I have ordered lambo doors on my stretch limo :scared:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that should be SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! I definitely think that you will like them, and they will suit well with a limo because most of the passengers are going to ride in the back, so you wont have to worry about people messing anything up. PLEASE post some pics when you get it on!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for that as I have ordered lambo doors on my stretch limo :scared:
Just a note: If you get the LSD kit, it is impossible to close the door (inward)until it is aligned so you wouldn't have to worry about the door hitting the top or damaging your paint.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^Yeah that is what i was thinking with the LSD. Isnt it called the magic stick, or something that does that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Rollin on Dueces, I know what you mean with that situation. I'm in the same boat with not driving the car all the time. Ive been thinking about putting lambos on it and taking them off when I have to go. How does the car drive with the lambo hinges off and stock hinges on? I know you had to roll the fenders to put the lambo hinges on. Does it whistle now? and is the gap noticable when you have the door open?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesnt drive any different. I have no wind noise coming in the fenders.

Also---The pending deal was a scam and the Lambo's are up for sale. First come first serve!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey man do you still have the lambo kit and if you do what are you looking to get for them.
email me back if you can ... Thanks Mike
[email protected]

Hey I sent an email to you and it did not go through. I will pm you and you can post back up with an alternate email or just reply through your pm's

Thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nevermind on the pm'ing, I guess you have not been a member long enough to do that. I think it takes 10 posts and 10 days to use the private messenger. Just post up here with an alternate email.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts