Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed under-body lighting? Or wheel well lighting. Starting to see more and more hype on this issue, is this only for show cars? Would you do it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Never seen it on an 300, but on some Rice Rovers. I know those neon "floater lights" or whatever they're called are illegal in some states, as are any blue lights, anything that flashes etc. Might check with your state DMV.

I thought about a couple single blue LED's inside my stock grill and maybe in the wheel wells. I'm prob going to paint my calipers blue and go with the whole "Black and Blue" theme. Still not sure about the lights though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
BobCav said:
Never seen it on an 300, but on some Rice Rovers. I know those neon "floater lights" or whatever they're called are illegal in some states, as are any blue lights, anything that flashes etc. Might check with your state DMV.

I thought about a couple single blue LED's inside my stock grill and maybe in the wheel wells. I'm prob going to paint my calipers blue and go with the whole "Black and Blue" theme. Still not sure about the lights though.
I'd check first, about the BLUE lights, local constabulatory get pissed about that ...some time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
A lot of the Sport Bikes today have full LED lighting systems. Look great coming through the fairings, tail sections, etc.

I am currently working with one of the more popular LED bike system Co. today.

There systems run on 12v , so we are compatible.

They make these very tough round, CNC machine light housings for the LED's, with a thick clear lens on top. Easy to clean and protects the LED light. Since these are installed on open-air motorcycles and get the most abuse from mother nature, they are a perfect fit for a car application. Plus they can be mounted literally anywhere you want. Ye ole' 3M double sided tape. They stay mounted next to my engines heat of my sport bike and don't fall off.

Since we don't get a hood light and with everyone going to the LED interior light upgrades for the 300. I have already located a Mopar OEM hood light you can install, I posted a thread here on it.

But I also wanted to offer an LED white light hood light kit for forum members. This will be a 2 light white LED hood light kit. You can mount both to the underside of your hood or down in the engine bay, one aimed at each side of the engine.

I am also working on a 4 light kit with them, that you can mount 2 on each side of engine bay, down low, so you can pick the color of your choice to have shining up from the bottom into the engine bay, for night car shows, etc. showcasing the Hemi, etc.

Stay tuned. I am trying to get this done for spring fling but also have so much else to try and do. So it may have to wait unitl I get back from spring fling.

FreebirdSRT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
BobCav said:
Never seen it on an 300, but on some Rice Rovers. I know those neon "floater lights" or whatever they're called are illegal in some states, as are any blue lights, anything that flashes etc. Might check with your state DMV.

I thought about a couple single blue LED's inside my stock grill and maybe in the wheel wells. I'm prob going to paint my calipers blue and go with the whole "Black and Blue" theme. Still not sure about the lights though.

I believe they are Ilegal in all states, just depends on what cop stops you.. DONT ever take one through an Inspection if your state has vehicle inspections
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Why not get LED valve stem caps too, this is an elegant car that draws attention on it's own, no need on this car (of course if it is your preference then you need it). IMHO underbody lighting is for import/small cars with fart can mufflers and strained 4cly sewing machine engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Ive had the LED underbody kit on my previous car.
I loved it and I wired it so that I can have a seperate swicth and also connected to my parking lights in case i forget to turn it off it goes off with my automatic lights.
Ill be honest, here in NY, I never got pulled over for it.
One time I was pulled over for blowing a stop sign (well i did blow it, i just was over the line) and my lights were on and they gave me a ticket for the stop sign (luckily I know a cop that took care of it).
If I drove out of my neighborhood I would usually leave it off, however, those lights are pretty common here in NY.
BTW, Dont get the Under Body Neon bulbs, they will break in less than a day, you got to get the LED ones.
I do miss them, but I will not put them on this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Personally, i would not put an underbody light kit on my car because that is "ricey". Imo, a 300 should be left more classy, because it just is, i think underbody lights should be left on the honda's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
I dunno about the underbody kit, although I would love to see it. But I would definately go with the engine bay jobby that Freebird is talking about. Or if I could find a grill light that flashed down in front of the car that read "SRT8" :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Big Bob said:
Has anyone installed under-body lighting? Or wheel well lighting. Starting to see more and more hype on this issue, is this only for show cars? Would you do it?

i did it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
Where are your pics?
if u want give me ur e mail and ill send u but the coulors are not properly set up yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
I did install the LED under body lights. I got the 2 million color LED system. I love it. I get a lot of coments on it all the time. It has 10 levels. The street legal leval is legal in most states, but you would have to check your specific state. It is white in the front, yellow on the sides and red in the rear (blue is way illegal anywhere). But hit the wireless remote up or down and the colors either chase eathother, strobe, run back and forth and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I can send you a video if this if you request it. Ahbizmal, I'll send you a pic when I get back from the Spring Fling. (IM ON MY WAY, JUST WAIT UP FOR ME)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Sure... Send it...

4u2nv said:
I did install the LED under body lights. I got the 2 million color LED system. I love it. I get a lot of coments on it all the time. It has 10 levels. The street legal leval is legal in most states, but you would have to check your specific state. It is white in the front, yellow on the sides and red in the rear (blue is way illegal anywhere). But hit the wireless remote up or down and the colors either chase eathother, strobe, run back and forth and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I can send you a video if this if you request it. Ahbizmal, I'll send you a pic when I get back from the Spring Fling. (IM ON MY WAY, JUST WAIT UP FOR ME)
Have fun at the fling. Send the vid at your convenience.

Derrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
A few videos

Ahbizmal said:
Have fun at the fling. Send the vid at your convenience.

Derrick
Not for the week at heart. I already know I'm going to get hate mail for this, but here it goes anyway. The lights were intended for my show car, but somebody gutted it and it isn't showable right now, and I was way to excited to wait for the car to get back into the show game, so I installed it on the 300. Here are 7 videos. There are actually 10 stages. One of them is the street legal. The colors didn't come out as good as hoped in the video, but the front is white, the sides are yellow and the rear is red. The others are pretty obvious with the chase and strobe which are also sound activated to the music. And sorry for the video quality. The cam isn't the greatest. Enjoy!! Or not.... Whatever.

Click here to watch LED-Lights-1

Click here to watch LED-Lights-2

Click here to watch LED-Lights-3

Click here to watch LED-Lights-4

Click here to watch LED-Lights-5

Click here to watch LED-Lights-6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Thanks, I do like them too. Even though I am trying to keep the 300 as sophisticated as possible. YEAH RIGHT..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4u2nv said:
Thanks, I do like them too. Even though I am trying to keep the 300 as sophisticated as possible. YEAH RIGHT..........
Hi Guys, I too just got back from Spring Fling and 4u2nu I think I saw your car outside the Spectrum Shopping Area by the valet parking on Friday night. Looked great, and there were a lot of people commenting on the car and lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
i beleive they are only illegal if they can be seen. you must install in such a way that they are high enough that you cant see the actual light. or install a deflector of some kind.
XS
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top