Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAmmitt!!!!!!!!

I backed out of a parking space again today and that big black engine prtector deal peeled back and all the palstic bolts popped off again, it's draggin the ground again until I get home tonight. It covers the whole bottom part of the front of the car.

I spent an hour snapping 80-90% of them back on Sunday. It's a real pain and if you don't have a lift it's tough to get under the car at all, luckily I have long spider arms. Snapping those plastic things in is like pushing a square peg through a circle hole, its tough.

Here is my questions: If i take it to the dealership and let them fix it, about how much do you guys think they will hose me for price wise? Do you think they can fix it good enough to where I can actually park in a space and back out without it snagging on the back up. I don't think the big plastic part needs replacement, I can imagine it cost $300 or more.

It's one of those things I keep forgetting to do, just not to pull into a space to far but I don't want someone to clip the ass end hanging out.

Holla Back.

Stock 300 Touring
Vanilla.

Needs 22's and Bags.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the same problem but I got mine bolted back up but I scraps on every little bump

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
This website lists the shield's MSRP at $24.50. Seems inexpensive to me.
Call you local dealer and ask them how much they charge for the shield. If you have the dealer change your oil, then ask them to replace the shield at the next oil change for free.
Parts.com - For every part of your life

I don't know, but if he's tearing Item 6 off of the car he's got more than just a problem with the Item 6 shield.

Having been under the frontend of my C for some (10) oil changes, and having installed the mesh grills along side of the fog lights, I'd say he's talking about catching the panel immediately behind the rear edge of the front bumper fascia. The Item 6 shield's front edge is attached to the panel behind the front bumper fascia with two bolts, so it may be damaged as well (ripped holes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts