Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am an ol' guy in the Uk and never like all the black plastic under the hood so I get the rattle cans out, the prep and masking takes the time if any badges or logos are on the parts had a 2009 Mazda rx8 R3 (sorry just love the rotary engine) did that in Pearlescent Tangarine, my Dodge Nitro that is done in VHT caliper Red,so now to my latest aquisition 2007 300c 5.7 hemi touring in silver, so choice of colours ,always like the Orange look so Orange it is VHT engine enamel sp120 hemi orange,I have used VHT for years when it was known as Sperex I knew the European importer who became a good friend. I remove what will remove ,i.e engine cover ,fuse box cover with the hemi the caps on the suspension ,Prep. I clean all the parts with a degreaser then wash down with a Kitchen detergent in the uk washing up liquid then rinse off, dry off and leave for a hour or so ,so far never had to etch or scour the items, then the masking if any needed and ready to go some times I use a normal grey rattle can primer this time no primer just straight VHT engine enamel, with the primer it will highlight any grease or oil residue so you have to clean again and start over but as there are other items to paint it is no problem, I mist spray a few coats to get the finish I want rattling the can as I go so if the
DSCN0814.JPG
DSCN0736.JPG

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops ,Part 2 , so if the finish is ok or any runs I use a hair dryer to dry off and flat the area with 600 wet &dry with liquid detergent in the water and go thru the paint process, so guys this is my result done took around 3 hours as had a couple of places not happy with and I am in my 70's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts