Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw on the news that Underbelly has been banned in Victoria by the Supreme Court until the murder trial of a Melbourne crime boss is over.

Looks like you guys are going to have to do some downloading :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
I just saw on the news that Underbelly has been banned in Victoria by the Supreme Court until the murder trial of a Melbourne crime boss is over.

Looks like you guys are going to have to do some downloading :)
What for ...if you live in the west you see it every day live :pat:

·
Registered
282 Posts
The court ruling also prohibited the programme being available on the internet !

In reality Channel 9 can not make it available on the web , but others can load in onto Limewire, ISOhunt, Youtube etc etc .

So it will really be available to all to download.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Are you guys really that interested in seeing it?

Apologies if I come across with what appears to be "cultural cringe", but I doubt it would be anywhere as good as it is being hyped up to be IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
I can't wait for it! I thinking of organising a tour (free) for our Melbourne 300c's to go visit all the murder sites.
Who is up for it!

Footnote - Good on Judge Betty King (Australias version of Judge Judy) for protecting the rights of those who are innocent until proven guilty.
It could just be that Underbelly will have to be rewritten depending on the outcome of this trial.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Jeez Michael, I nearly screamed when I saw that pic in the link I posted. Crazy glasses eh. Straight out of the sixty's!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my opinion?...what a b****hit decision by the melbourne judge. Potential jurors are more than capable of differentiating between what the real facts presented in court will be and the dramatised TV series. I say air it. There has been a great deal of people waiting for this show to air, now we have to wait even longer. This is a TV show people, "based" on the melbourne underworld, its not a re-enactment!! I personally think this will be one of the best Australian produced TV shows made. Great talent in the cast and an excellent story "based" on the melbourne underworld. Come on channel nine, flex your media muscle and get this show to air!! Can anyone get their hands on the DVD's the judge was watching yesterday?? LOL Well theres nothing stopping you recording it in sydney and posting the disc to Melbourne I guess. The wonders of technology, a little like our rides!!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I can't wait for it! I thinking of organising a tour (free) for our Melbourne 300c's to go visit all the murder sites.
Who is up for it!
Ah Michael, we can always rely on you to think through the hidden opportunities. Very enterprising :fing02:

·
Registered
33 Posts
im doing a run to the border today will be back with copies straight after its finished airing... LOL

nah nont really.

will download it though, will be on some sort of p2p site.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I can say is torrents guys. They are your tv downloading friends :)

So I have heard :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Ah Michael, we can always rely on you to think through the hidden opportunities. Very enterprising :fing02:
It might not be free afterall as I will try to get one of the real crims to be the tour conductor. Just to help with safe passage through the streets of Brunswick!

·
Registered
633 Posts
All I can say is torrents guys. They are your tv downloading friends :)

So I have heard :rolleyes:
A quick question. Can downloading the torrent be traced? I have heard of Vic police will be looking into this. as it is a matter that is in front of the courts.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
A quick question. Can downloading the torrent be traced? I have heard of Vic police will be looking into this. as it is a matter that is in front of the courts.

Yes they can trace it.
Its even easier to trace if you post on forums highlighting your attentions!
Betty is watching.

By the way - Corey will be envious of those glasses!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you guys really that interested in seeing it?

Apologies if I come across with what appears to be "cultural cringe", but I doubt it would be anywhere as good as it is being hyped up to be IMHO.
I think its going to be Better than they have hyped it!!! The reason - In the news we have only heard individual stories about each person who has been killed or jailed for killing someone. This show will hopefully put it into perspective (albeit with theatrical license) as to how they all connect with each other....I'm keen to see who they have playing Zara Garde-Wilson - man she is hot!!!

Like one of you said - it will be available on the internet (illegally) within hours of its screening anyhow.

And finally to make one point - its banning in Victoria was not really for the protection of the accused - it was for the protection of the potential jurors who may have been influenced by "facts" that were not true as presented in the show. I think what the court as forgotten is that Jurors are selected to weight the evidence presented to them only - no opinion or outside influence should be taken into account. A TV show essentially is entertainment and should be viewed as such. Our Govt has a very dim view on our intelligence and should remember that there are people out here that are much smarted than them!!

Rant over!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts