Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I noticed underneath my 300 the plastic thing hanging down. I scooted under there and discovered a screw missing on one side. I got a replacement screw but when I tried to put it back in, the hole in the plastic guard is like 2 inches away from the threads in the body! I tried moving it over and it won't line up. There is also traces of oil on the top of it... What's up with this?

I know one thing, I'm changing my own oil from now on.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Banned
651 Posts
what exactly do you need help with? quit crying and figure it out woman

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Yea Some Oil places and Some dealers don't know how to put it back on.
I take it to a muffler shop i trust bringing my own oil and we work on it together,only charges 10dollors for the lift time. Sometime the places you won't think would be good are the best places cause there just happy to have the busniess.

Eric

·
Banned
651 Posts
no im having a great day, but if your going to cry about something call dr. phil

·
Registered
633 Posts
Now kids lets all play nice... I think it's time for a group hug

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I read in a thread here that someone had caught the shield on something in a parking lot while backing out, or something, causing the plate to come off. This could explain why it won't line up again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read in a thread here that someone had caught the shield on something in a parking lot while backing out, or something, causing the plate to come off. This could explain why it won't line up again.
Maybe something like that did happen... the plastic looks all tore up.. i'll check it out better tomorrow

thanks

andrew

·
Registered
465 Posts
what exactly do you need help with? quit crying and figure it out woman
lol that is classic!

me personally, i ripped all that out and threw it in my garage. i do my own oil changes and it got old dealing with it. i kept losing screws even though they were tight.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The stupid thing had been falling and falling on my 2006. I took it to a dealer 3 times over the course of 1.5 month until it fell low enough again and caught something at a parking spot and almost torn off front fascia.

The fascia and the pan were reattached by a nearby repair shop for 35 bucks and the latter never fell down since then. Needless to say, I have not been to the dealer again. They also could not properly eliminate rattle I mentioned to them during 2 of these visits and it kept reappearing. The rattle had to be fixed at another dealership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it. The idiots at Wal-Mart put the entire plastic thing on backwards! That's why the hole didn't line up.

Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have the same issue,the black plastic cover is hanging down under the front end under good.i think the place I took to when they did my oil, must not have put it back on.i tried to get under the car to see how it goes back on,but I'm not paper skinny!!it looks like there's a hole for a big thingy to hold it up.anyone else have this issue??

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The underbody tray is held in place with 7 or 8 screws across the front and at least 2 more on each side.

Some 300's also have a second tray behind that.

The front tray sometimes sags at the back but should not be sagging at the front or sides. If it is, a fastener has come loose.

It's a LOT easier to get to this cover with the car in the air, even if it's just ramps, jackstands or blocks. Just be careful and always block the car in case a jackstand slips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts